Chapala.com Webboard

Pill bugs aka sow bugs, woodlice

cedros

Does anyone know how to get rid of pill bugs? They come from damp places. I don't know why they are coming inside. I don't like using sprays inside as I have dogs.

They seem to have a “season.” For a few weeks I find them around the area of the door to the garden. I sweep them up and throw them out. Then they are gone until the following year. Some years there are more than others. This year there were very few. But the hoards of leaf cutter ants have made up for it. Worst year for them in the 10 years I have lived here. 

Interesting no leaf cutter ants for me but lots of pill bugs in the house and casita for months now. I'm hoping their season will end.

Interesting as the inside of the house is very dry but the outside yard (and under the house?) can be quite wet from seepage up the hill. Maybe they come up the showers drains (but they are covered) or up the drains holes in the wall for the dishwasher or the kitchen sink. I put out many sticky taps to catch them to try and see where they are coming from. There is one small building here (the studio) that has no plumbing or holes (so should be very dry) and it is the worst. This building is near the septic tank but the only door to this studio has a good rubber sweep under it. Mystery nuisance. 

Archived