Chapala.com Webboard
BrianInMexico

Nogales to Chapala Road Status

That is distressing news about highway 15D. Neighbours asked what was the best route to get to California. I will have to tell them to reconsider.
Where is the Columbia (state, city) bridge crossing?

A friend tried to return to Mazatlan on Wed but was turned back at Tequila due to road damages and still flooding in Nayarit....be very careful!

• Thanks 1

Columbia Bridge is about 45 minutes north of Laredo.

TomGates: Bring your own toilet seat to the rest area just past Mex customs... They did have TP however...

The actual spelling is Colombia Solidarity crossing and it is actually just a few miles west of the Laredo downtown crossing. Easy crossing and easy access from either side. Well signed. 

Ajijic to Phoenix...... haven’t done ythis trip in 8 or 9 years.   Used to take the Lukeville crossing as 85 takes me to Buckeye.   Option is 15 thru Nogales which seems to be always under construction.    Are road conditions on 25 thru Lukeville any better or worse?

Don't know where the "25" is that you referred to, but....

Recent news suggests that cuota 15 still has a serious amount of bad road surfaces starting waaaay back away from the border.... hundreds of miles....., so it's not so much Nogales that one has to worry about from the standpoint of poor roads. And, while going to Buckeye through Lukeville vs up through Nogales, and crossing at the Miraposa crossing, is almost a toss-up with regards to time/distance, the Lukeville route on Mex. 2 from Santa Ana does stay in Mexico and Mexican roads a lot longer.  But if you are comfortable going that route (Lukeville), go ahead.

I think its highway 2, not 25.  The cut off is at Santa something or other, just before Magdelana which heads up to Nogales.  2 in Mexico ties into 85 and straight north on 85 is Buckeye.    Its been years since I’ve been on 2 but major construction a few years past.   

If 15D is the toll is the free road any better.ñ up to Santa Anna or Santa Cuz, some kind of Santa theme.  

Just back from lunch.   Ran into a guy who drove the Nogales route, 15D, and laughed when I told him of the fears of bad roads on this trip.   He said two days from Phoenix and, yes, a little construction but nothing mind boggling or any delay.  He got here yesterday.

Good to hear but it conflicts with the reports from 2 folks within the last few months. Probably shows specifically that.... YMMV