Chapala.com Webboard

Nogales to Chapala Road Status

• 1 month later...

Ajijic to Phoenix...... haven’t done ythis trip in 8 or 9 years.   Used to take the Lukeville crossing as 85 takes me to Buckeye.   Option is 15 thru Nogales which seems to be always under construction.    Are road conditions on 25 thru Lukeville any better or worse?

Don't know where the "25" is that you referred to, but....

Recent news suggests that cuota 15 still has a serious amount of bad road surfaces starting waaaay back away from the border.... hundreds of miles....., so it's not so much Nogales that one has to worry about from the standpoint of poor roads. And, while going to Buckeye through Lukeville vs up through Nogales, and crossing at the Miraposa crossing, is almost a toss-up with regards to time/distance, the Lukeville route on Mex. 2 from Santa Ana does stay in Mexico and Mexican roads a lot longer.  But if you are comfortable going that route (Lukeville), go ahead.

I think its highway 2, not 25.  The cut off is at Santa something or other, just before Magdelana which heads up to Nogales.  2 in Mexico ties into 85 and straight north on 85 is Buckeye.    Its been years since I’ve been on 2 but major construction a few years past.   

If 15D is the toll is the free road any better.ñ up to Santa Anna or Santa Cuz, some kind of Santa theme.  

Just back from lunch.   Ran into a guy who drove the Nogales route, 15D, and laughed when I told him of the fears of bad roads on this trip.   He said two days from Phoenix and, yes, a little construction but nothing mind boggling or any delay.  He got here yesterday.

Archived