Chapala.com Webboard

Are grout sealing products available in Mexico?  Builder is giving me a blank look saying he doesn't think they have such a thing.  Don't really believe him.

Good question. I have been here twenty years and wondered why they added more grout but never a sealer. Sure hope they have a good product here.

They can add a sealer to the grout when preparing it. I asked for it and they got it and I watched them add it to the mix... a liquid in 1 litre bottles. I spoke specifically to Jurgen at JP Home Services about this when my bathroom tiling was being done. But, I don't know where to buy it or the brand. He may give you the information. 331-841-4159

The hardware store next to Farmacia Guadlajara and Bancomer has an excelllent acrylic grout sealer. It is clear, and very tough. You have to apply it with a small paintbrush the width of the grout.

Been there, done that. It is tedious and very time consuming. And that's why I wanted the grout sealer all through the grout this time.

Home Depot definitely used to have this, and likely still does:

grout sealer.jpg

• Like 1

9 years ago I watched my contractor here sealing the grout with a very small paintbrush and clear liquid. So it has been around for quite awhile.

Last year in the states I bought grout with the sealer already in it.  It was also quick drying so you had to be on your toes. Some set on me and I had to grind it off.

On 10/12/2018 at 2:02 PM, CHILLIN said:

The hardware store next to Farmacia Guadlajara and Bancomer has an excelllent acrylic grout sealer. It is clear, and very tough. You have to apply it with a small paintbrush the width of the grout.

I think you mean Amutio which is next to Farm. GDL.  There is no Bancomer there.  It is Actinver.

• Like 1