Chapala.com Webboard

Potholes riberas

Many bad potholes between San Juan Cosala and Jocotepec. When there were heavy rains recently some were hidden under very large puddles. I think hitting one made a very small hole in the sidewall of a tire. The tire is under a year old but they wouldn't honor the warranty so I need to buy a new one. They said I must have had an accident. Not true.

I'll mention this to the guys we have here there are no private sector pothole fillers in Lakeside. Maybe some will try it over there. Here they are allowed to have a load of ashfault beside the area of potholes. They shovel it into the pothole a bit at a time. When enough "tips" are collected in goes another shovel full. They all stand around with thier hand out. It could take all day to do a small area but that's business. Only on main thoughfares though. You would think cold ashfault would't stick well but it appears the city uses cold ashfault also because it lasts the same amount of time in rainy season. The new large state of the art ashfault repair truck were their patches last much longer seems to have disappeared this year. Maybe it was a yearly lease. Typical.

1 hour ago, Yo1 said:

The I thought state-of-art asphalt truck was bought by Guadalajara and is used there extensively.  It came from France and was pushed by Alfaro and worked very well.

We had it over here several months after last years rainy season and the potholes are still like new, Maybe SLP borrowed it from Jalisco for about a  month and it is a very impressive looking machine. Maybe it belongs to the feds.?

Construction escombra works well too. And, they don't have to pay to get rid of it or dump on the side of the road at night.

Riberas is a traditionally neglected area, and , don't expect anything to change.Why? no registered voters. If you want attention , get some voters registered!

Alas Henry, my painting skills have classical roots, to find a life model might prove difficult, especially now that it is getting colder and shrinkage can become a real concern. I could use a camera obscura, given to me by a warlock friend. They excel at making the tiny into large scale expressions - but I think you will agree, the problem is the same.

I'm afraid the answer will be to employ "fake news" or science. The fake news strategy would involve advertising a new vehicle recovery service, showing towtrucks and scuba divers dragging vehicles from giant potholes. All photoshopped of course, lots of images available right now.

The science involves the use of Magnesium cements, which cure to full strength very quickly. Mexico has mountains of raw material. They are unusual, because unlike normal cement, which repels cellulose binders (leaves, fibers, etc) the Magnesium cements do not. In fact, the early forms of Magnesium Phosphate cement were made from aged horse dung, to extract the phosphates. Magnesium Phosphate cement is usully sold as emergency repair material for airport runways - it can cure to full strength in one hour. Interesting stuff:

http://www.ecomag.com/historyofMgO.html

Archived