Chapala.com Webboard

Mazamitla!

DeborahM

We LOVE visiting Mazamitla, and do so often. I will host some young folks from Canada next week, who are interested in zip lining and renting an ATV to explore. I have googled, but just wondering whether anyone has actually done these things, and can offer some advice re contacts. Thanks!

You can't miss the ATV rental places, very visible on the way in.  Not sure about zip lining.

Be aware Mazamitla is absolutely over run on the weekends, if they can go during the week it is much better.  It is a gorgeous clean and obviously well run town.  We love it as well and it is a favorite breakfast run for the local moto crowd.  Great little hotel and restaurant opposite the church on the main plaza.  Order the Mazamitla (special) breakfast, excellent!  Hotel is decent Mexican very reasonably priced and perfectly located.  You would have no problem getting a room there during the week.

There are also a number of cabin rentals outside of town.

Right now it is gorgeous green up there, reminds me of Ireland.  Beautiful drive and beautiful town.  They will love it.

Archived