Chapala.com Webboard

City Market

ComputerGuy

I have been there a couple times. Lots of stuff, kobe beef, extensive wine selection, deli meats and cheeses. Prices are fair. Another unique store is La Casita Deli, with NO prices posted on items but prices are lower than SuperLake on almost all things. 

It is easy to get to. Take Lopez Mateo north from Lazaro Cardenas. You go underground once, then above, then back under. Be in the left lane. In the second underground, there will be left exit for Av Americas. Take that. When you exit the underground, proceed north, past Aloft Hotel and a nice retail zone. About 1K more you will be at the intersection of Av Americas and Patria. Cross Patria and City Market is on your right. 

3 hours ago, tomgates said:

It is easy to get to. Take Lopez Mateo north from Lazaro Cardenas. You go underground once, then above, then back under. Be in the left lane. In the second underground, there will be left exit for Av Americas. Take that. When you exit the underground, proceed north, past Aloft Hotel and a nice retail zone. About 1K more you will be at the intersection of Av Americas and Patria. Cross Patria and City Market is on your right. 

Only easy to get to if you have a car.  It would be a terribly LONG walk for me!   😁

They pretty much take the trip once a month.  The next one is to La Casita.  Cost is about $400 pesos for the day.  City Market had some interesting cheese and deli items but realistically its a basic grocery store with fresh breads, deli and a awesome wine selection.  Once or twice a year maybe a special trip in but the killer is that the new Bed BAth and Beyond is just an escalator away.  The traffic is horrendous.  So if I would do it again it's be midweek, about 10 am coupled with a trip to La Casita which actually has a better selection of food stuffs and Costco, Jeffry's Bakery and probably Home Depot to keep my driver happy.

Us medical school student pays expenses by baking pastries and pies.  Eventually opens 4 or 5 outlets.  The one we stop at is near Riu hotel.  Great US style bakery goods.

On 10/12/2018 at 8:04 PM, solajijic said:

They pretty much take the trip once a month.  The next one is to La Casita.  Cost is about $400 pesos for the day.  City Market had some interesting cheese and deli items but realistically its a basic grocery store with fresh breads, deli and a awesome wine selection.  Once or twice a year maybe a special trip in but the killer is that the new Bed BAth and Beyond is just an escalator away.  The traffic is horrendous.  So if I would do it again it's be midweek, about 10 am coupled with a trip to La Casita which actually has a better selection of food stuffs and Costco, Jeffry's Bakery and probably Home Depot to keep my driver happy.

Can you give me the name of the group that takes this trip?

4 hours ago, bournemouth said:

So how do you register for this trip?  I went to the site, and saw a button for 'add to cart'.  Is this how you book it, or is there a better way.  I want to make sure I'm not paying for something and then have no seat on the bus.

Archived