Chapala.com Webboard

Uber from GDL

d-d

8 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

i dedicate George Formby's lovely little ditty along the same vein but dedicated to the male of the species who exhibit behavioural traits such as yours.

"When I' m Cleaning Windows"?

Alan lives in San Luis Potosi

Happy, if you are going to employ sock puppets, may I suggest a more appropriate handle, such as "sadwanker"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

"When I' m Cleaning Windows"?

Alan lives in San Luis Potosi

Happy, if you are going to employ sock puppets, may I suggest a more appropriate handle, such as "sadwanker"

I know where he lives. Many years ago he sent me pictures of his house. i have dedicated the Formby song to you and others like you on this board. Is my handle too subtle for you to get the gist? You and Allanknownada seem  rather confused. First suggesting that I am a sockpuppet created by sonny. now you in all your wisdom suggest that I have created a sockpuppet. do what Mr. Formby suggests to keep yourself busy and let this  thread get back to a discussion about Uber an Taxis.

1 hour ago, happyjillin said:

It's nothing like the old Thorn Tree or Mexconnect.

The only person I can think of who has been on these boards that long, and who is also combatitive and disruptive is Pedro. He also uses sock puppets like "Ned Small" or, earlier "Ben Wa Balls", again referring to a female sex toy and offensive. Curious case eh wot?

Last week I took an Uber from Zapopan to SAT and it was 440 pesos.  I was feeling sorry for the driver because I thought he would have an empty ride back to Guad, but even before we had reached the WalMart intersection he had a fare lined up to go TO GDL airport. He said he really likes doing the Guad to Chapala trips because he always has a fare back to Guad, and most of the time it's  the airport. And then he will catch another fare right outside the airport and back into the city.   

On 10/10/2018 at 9:13 AM, Al Berca said:

Although, he tried to rip you off, the driver told you the truth. Uber has a written agreement negotiated between GDL government, taxi drivers and Uber to only service area he mentioned. This agreement stopped the damages, vehicle fires, rock throwing, etc. from taxi drivers to Uber drivers. Now, some rogue Uber drivers are violating that agreement. Rogue Uber drivers are the ones hanging around the airport and working in lakeside. They have no authorization to sell their services at either location. Uber is not supposed to be servicing lakeside which is why so few are here and many of them want you to call them directly so they can charge whatever they want and pocket the whole charge. They are the rogue Uber drivers. You got caught by one who is simply trying a new scam to get more money from you.

If this is correct why does the Uber app allow start or end point outside the agreed area

Don't know the definition of rogue Uber driver. Either the driver is working on the Uber platform or he isn't an Uber driver. All rides ask the passenger for opinion of driver after the trip. If clients report bad driver, the driver will receive fewer trips from Uber. If an Uber driver asks for more money and you report him he will soon lose his ability to work with Uber.