Chapala.com Webboard

Internet connectivity issues...anyone else?

Earl

I have internet service but have not been able to get to email accounts as well as several websites since Saturday.  Is anyone else having problems? I can't get on protonmail at all.   I am also having trouble making vonage calls, but internet signal is strong.

Earl, I am going to assume you had Internet access via your Web browser until this. But I question how you can tell that "Internet signal is strong". This makes me suspect your wireless connection is showing several bars, but that is not a reflection of the actual Internet DSL feed. That simply means your computer/phone/tablet is connected wirelessly to the modem, but if the modem has no Internet, your device will have no Internet.

Check the lights on your Telmex (?) modem: both the DSL and Internet lights must be on, steady or flashing makes no difference. Let us know.

Yes, DSL and internet lights all on.  I turn off my modem every night, so that should reboot it daily.  I guess I should've said that my wifi signal was strong instead of internet signal.  Anyway, today  I got to log onto my email, and other websites that had been affected were also available again.  Hurray!

Archived