Chapala.com Webboard

Seek Nursing Home or other Appropropriate Inst.

We are trying to help out those close to a physically healthy but increasingly mentally unstable and, recently, abused woman of about 70 years old who likely needs a nursing home or other facility to look after her.  She has a US brother who doesn't want to get involved beyond paying for her care.  She currently lives in her own home in La Manzanilla but that is daily a less viable situation.  There are no such institutions near there, so Lakeside has come to everyone's mind who cares about her.  Any suggestions or leads would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your input.

The main question here is:  Does the woman want to move to a nursing home and if she doesn't, what then?  Has anyone considered finding her someone to live in her home and look after her? Moving to another area and entering an institutional setting might destabilize her further.

If I knew those 'statistics', yes, I think that would have been helpful. Alas, I and I doubt many readers here will have that kind of info at their disposal. BTW, it is nice that you are trying to help....

Archived