Chapala.com Webboard

work has begun

HarryB

Firstly, I have information only about Ajijic. Others need to contact their delegado and get info on their villages.

A team has been put to work on potholes and street lights by Delegado Juan Ramon.

For the first time, workers who cleaned up Av. Revolucion after the wednesday tianguis got to keep the fee the merchants pay for the cleanup. Some happy workers and presumably they will be hard working in the future. Again, thanks to Juan Ramon.

Gardeners are back at work at the plaza and malecon. Our hardworking Poncho Hernandez is one of them. Performance over politics. Sadly the gardeners have no tools. All have disappeared.

13 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Brings up an interesting point.  Harry which parts of the careterra are muncipio responsibility versus those parts that are state responsibility?

The thing is a real wreck, particularly west of San Juan Cosala.

West of SJC is in Jocotepec municipio.

Archivo:14050m.jpg

The carretera ia a state highway. That is why el gordo can flag you. Who repairs road and lights? Damned if I know. Sometimes it is the state and sometimes it is the municipality. I'll ask the current administration which side of the fence they are on. 

The above poster is right Joco would be responsible starting at their sign.

The streets are in shameful disrepair and the old government couldnt have cared less, hope the new administration cleans things up and doesnt promote foolish pie in the sky Disneyland projects like the last administration to just have them half done and ugly all for the benefit of a few cronies

The potholes in Riberas are REALLY deep and dangerous.  A friend had a tire explode and I saw on a forum somewhere a person lost a tie rod.  Other municipalities have been successfully sued for not taking care of the roads they are mandated to maintain.

Archived