Chapala.com Webboard

Vi Lu Ma Experience

Zeb

I called ViLuMa for an appointment about a month ago.  They never showed at the appointed time and I waited way past the time.  Yesterday, I called to get another appointment.  Again, no show.  They were to come at noon.  I called them and was left on hold while the person had discussions with someone else in the background.   I finally hung up.  About five minutes, later they called my house offering a 3:30 appointment.  Forget that!  They have no common sense or courtesy, so we won't be giving them any business.

I'd appreciate recommendations for someone to make a screen door.

Same here. They have lost interest in small jobs. They did good work, but were lousy at follow-up. I won't use them again. There is a shop way up Madero on the right side, in the last row of shops, but they are very expensive, so I have not used them.

There is also a new shop on Pepe Guizar in Chapala about 1/2 way down after all the body shops, opposite side to Farmacia Guadalajara but in the next block or 2.    I haven't used them but will give them a try for the new screen door I need.  My experience is that ViLuMa came a day late, measured the window wrong which they took back to the shop to resize but neglected to take the accompanying screen resulting in yet another trip to the shop.  End result is the window is so tight I just don't use it. 

I had a problem with them also after using them for years.. I found Las Salvias Alumino in west Ajijic. to be a much better company to deal with. They are fairly new and eager to build their reputation. Carretera pte. # 31 (near Roberto's restaurant). 376 766 0454, 331 17 69 64 54. They speak English. 

I have also had problems with Viluma. Jaime is a nice guy but short on details and his main installer is not great with details. I think they are overwhelmed with too much business and quality is suffering greatly. I would try Cedros recommendation and will do so myself for a reconstruction over an atrium in my house.

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

Regardless of his past experience,  Wednesday was not a good day trying to get  from Riberas going  West

Well, I didn't force them to agree to Wednesday.  They could have offered me other days.  This was my second and third go around with them, so that's quite enough.  I will not beg someone to provide service and take my moneyl.

3 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Zeb, you are suggesting that they knew ahead of time that Wednesday was going to be the worst day this year for traffic?

Of course not!  They failed to show for a previously scheduled different day and time AND never called.  Then this past Wednesday, same thing.  Things happen and I understand that.  However, they have a phone.  They could call and say they cannot make it.  Instead I called and was left on hold. 

Archived