Chapala.com Webboard

Tons of Sirens on highway outside of Chapala Haciendas

Guiness

Out San Juan Cosala way I hear that the Raquet Club and San Juan Cosala are crawling with police. Locals say there is a major attack by the cartels. Two vehicles stolen in the RC recently. 

2 minutes ago, utilitus said:

I read that when you posted it an hour ago, that's how the hell I knew it was the JALISCO LABOR SECRETARY.  He hadn't been attorney general since 2015.

36 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Looks normal to me for this time of year going up the mountains. Lots of scrub brush there.

Mike, I'm just using my android phone, maybe if I turned my real computer on I could see the picture better.  I just thought with all this rain, the first picture would have looked greener.  I know how old pictures are recycled in the news these days and apparently old news articles too!  But in Chapala as of 2:00 things have been calm and seem like a normal day. I've walked down Madero twice since then.  Hopefully, the situation is now being contained.

31 minutes ago, More Liana said:

I read that when you posted it an hour ago, that's how the hell I knew it was the JALISCO LABOR SECRETARY.  He hadn't been attorney general since 2015.

I posted that he was the EX-Attorney General that was attacked several months ago.

Fiscalia press release details

5 arrested, 2 killed, 3 arrested were women and 1 arrested was leader of kidnapping group that operated in Chapala / Ajijic / Jocotepec.  They have been involved in at least 8 other kidnappings.  Their targets were businessmen.  2 people freed today, one male and one female captive who were held at a property in Jocotepec.  

Their ransom was being negotiated and the bad guys were held up at the Hotel Perico which authorities say had nothing to do with the crimes.  Kidnappers were all Mexicans living in Jalisco.

Here is video of press release

Thank you for clarifying Spencer.  I have heard all kinds of irresponsible speculation on Facebook all day, but this actually makes sense.  And could we drop the issue of the information posted about the attack several years ago?  It was confusing but well meant.  I would be grateful if y'all could let it go; any further discussion of that is just confusing the present issue. 

Don't panic. This morning the cohetes went off in Chapala for the fiesta.

The operation is long over with the bad guys in custody. The hostages were in a wealthy berry farmer in Jocotepec. Not the first time for that family.. They were being held in a house in Joco. By the video of inside the house it was a nice house. 

The ex ag of Jalisco lives most of the time in a certain city in Texas.. Don't know why he returns here from time to time, but the event in Hotel Perico had nothing to do with him. 

Archived