Chapala.com Webboard

Tons of Sirens on highway outside of Chapala Haciendas

Guiness

Federal choppers, local cops, Federales... an alert went out on Mexican social media a half hour ago. Supposedly expecting a big shootout.

Reports coming in now say too many police vehicles to count, also military, armoured  vehicles, all up behind the Perico hotel on the libra.

I hear from a Mexicana, whose son is in one of the local police forces, that he has told  her that  the Attorney General of the state of Jalisco has been shot by or at the Hotel Perico.  I seem to remember that an attempt was made on this man's life fairly recently.

I believe he was the ex-Attorney General  they tried to assassinate.  They lit a bus on fire and a woman and her baby were burnt.  The baby died and she was in the hosptial with 95% burns, taken to the burn center in Tx then returned here and subsequently died recently.

Just been through it.

Huge police and militay presence.i reckon 100 cars and trucks of police and different military forces.

Obviously all armed and many plain clothes.

Helicopter landed close to hotel perico and the tyre place.

No idea what happened.

Libramiento blocked heading to chapala

Chaos on the careterra. 

No sign of any accident or bus on fire.

39 minutes ago, Yo1 said:

I believe he was the ex-Attorney General  they tried to assassinate.  They lit a bus on fire and a woman and her baby were burnt.  The baby died and she was in the hosptial with 95% burns, taken to the burn center in Tx then returned here and subsequently died recently.

this happened, but days ago! today I do not know anything yet!

The posts here suggesting possibly relevant 'background' involving a former Jalisco Attorney General may be referring to this event in May, 2018: 

"12 gunmen attack Jalisco labor secretary in Guadalajara - Several people wounded, six suspects arrested after attack in city center" - Tuesday, May 22, 2018

See: https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/gunmen-attack-jalisco-labor-secretary-in-guadalajara/

20+ State Police Trucks flew by my office, 5+ Chapala police trucks, 10 Army vehicles passed me other direction Chapala Haciendas, police checkpoint with trucks blocking carretera and guns drawn checking vehicles by Los Burritos near start of Ixtlahuacan.  Looks like a hit on state prosecutor personnel but judging by the response there were probably a few local locos Narcos / Terrorists involved.  

I got out of that traffic as fast as I could. Just now, it seems to be over, as seven mixed cop trucks pulled into the gas station area in Riberas to let their buds catch up, on the way to Chapala. One obligingly backed up so I could get through. And traffic heading west seems to have dissipated as far as I can see.

One news source reports rescue of kidnapped foreigner

https://noticel.mx/al-momento-reportan-ataque-a-policias-en-ajijic/ 

1 hour ago, Arroyos said:

It was not days ago, it was months ago prior to the Mexican elections.

And in the May 2018 incident, it was not the Attorney General, it was the Jalisco Labor Secretary.  Geez, you guys.

Archived