Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex Credit

A cap, or limit, on the amount of loan you can take in their stores. In TelMex's case, they are offering you the chance to borrow or finance up to whatever your "cap" is, as shown on the monthly statement. It is not a "come on in, you can buy 30,000 pesos of free stuff" offer.

Several years ago I used my TelMex credit to purchase my first iPad at zero interest on a three year loan.  Things may have changed, but at that time the prices on items in glass cases for sale did not include the 16% IVA tax which I didn't notice until after I had signed their several pages long contract and realized I paid considerably more than the good deal I thought I was getting. My fault, just warning you in case they are still selling that way, which is supposedly illegal, as IVA is to be included in advertised prices.

Very interesting. Also good to note that it doesn't matter what your "loan cap" is; as long as you have a TelMex account in good standing, they will sell you whatever you want. This "points" plan is simply marketing.

42 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Very interesting. Also good to note that it doesn't matter what your "loan cap" is; as long as you have a TelMex account in good standing, they will sell you whatever you want. This "points" plan is simply marketing.

Or they may sell you whatever you want on someone else's account. About 4 years ago a TV purchase showed up on my Telmex account. Took about 4 months to get that cleared off.

However if you use Zeta Gaz each fill results in points for the many things lining the walls of their office.  I gave the 2 women who work for me the almost 32,000 points (took 13 years) last mothers day.  They loved it.  

Archived