Chapala.com Webboard

Mercado Libre... signing up

Ferret

I'm stuck and have already asked two friends for help.

I'm trying to sign up for Mercado Libre. The first page is "given name", "last name", "e-mail" and "clave".

It's the "clave" that I'm stuck on. Do they mean "contrasena" as in "password" ???

49 minutes ago, Ferret said:

I'm stuck and have already asked two friends for help.

I'm trying to sign up for Mercado Libre. The first page is "given name", "last name", "e-mail" and "clave".

It's the "clave" that I'm stuck on. Do they mean "contrasena" as in "password" ???

I don't remember it was so long ago but it might be a number they sent to the E-Mail address you entered and you need to enter in the clave box to continue signing up

I have never entered an e-mail address and have never signed up for Mercado Libre before. I also asked on TOB and was told they are looking for a password to set up the account. I'm going to wait until morning before proceeding. I want to know for sure what they are asking for before I enter it because it's very hard to "undo" anything on a website once you have given your e-mail address... and I only have one e-mail address.

Google translation:

" Security of your Personal Key

To use the services of MercadoLibre you must be a registered user and have a personal password or password (hereinafter, "Personal Code" or "Password"). That way you can buy, sell, bid, qualify, among other commercial activities. It is important that you keep your password, under absolute confidentiality and in no case should you reveal it or share it with other people.

Here are some tips to help you protect your Password and your account.

Choose a good Key

When choosing your password it is important that you follow these tips to keep it safe and prevent someone from discovering it.

Good keys: Examples: Use between 6 and 12 characters that are a combination of:

Letters
(uppercase and lowercase) A, B, C ... (and a, b, c ...) Numbers0, 1, 2, 3, 4 ... Symbols! @ # $% ^ & * () _ + - = {} | [] \: "; <>?,. / Tfkle86ad

EdlKbza21

Ksa57 + dto

sD2 & ByeUse a phrase type key without spaces.
Choose an event of your life and turn it into a secret code. Fade1999 (I went to Disney in 1999) Use a very different one from your previous codes."

http://www.mercadolibre.com.mx/seguro_clave.html

Google.mx found it. I typed: clave por mercadolibre.com

" Seguridad de tu Clave Personal

Para utilizar los servicios de MercadoLibre debes ser un usuario inscrito y disponer de una clave personal o contraseña (en adelante, "Clave Personal" o "Clave"). De esa forma podrás comprar, vender, ofertar, calificar, entre otras actividades comerciales. Es importante que mantengas tu Clave, bajo la más absoluta confidencialidad y en ningún caso debes revelarla o compartirla con otras personas.

A continuación te proporcionamos algunos consejos para ayudarte a proteger tu Clave y tu cuenta. "

I am a Meradolibre vendor. It is a great website with thousands of vendors, and thousands of items for sale.

Your payment is held by Mercadopago in a trust account until you rate the purchase as good,  or 3 days pass after your receipt.  They are excellent at handling any complaints, and the vendor must pay Mercadoenvios to send you a pre-paid return label if necessary to return the purchase. 

As you can see from the post I made on Wednesday, I just signed up and placed my order and paid for it on Wednesday.

Just got an e-mail from Mercado Libre saying that my package was delivered yesterday to ishop at 1:17 pm YESTERDAY. Now I have the Fedex number and can go in and claim it. Then test it. OMG! Not even Amazon sends you a follow up e-mail to say your stuff has arrived.

I'M IMPRESSED!!!

3 hours ago, elisabeth said:

However if you have to cancel a purchase for any reason ( like in my case an uncommunicative seller who didn't sendd didn't respond), you only get your money returned if you have a Mexican bank account. Otherwise they just apply it was credit to your net purchase.

That is a problem with any payment made using 711 or Oxxo. Best to use Mexican credit or debit card.  Also look at sellers reputation before purchasing 

5 hours ago, Ferret said:

As you can see from the post I made on Wednesday, I just signed up and placed my order and paid for it on Wednesday.

Just got an e-mail from Mercado Libre saying that my package was delivered yesterday to ishop at 1:17 pm YESTERDAY. Now I have the Fedex number and can go in and claim it. Then test it. OMG! Not even Amazon sends you a follow up e-mail to say your stuff has arrived.

I'M IMPRESSED!!!

Amazon always sends me an email when items are delivered.  In real time.

Thanks Rick. I have things shipped to a Texas address... so U.S. order to U.S. address. Wonder what we're doing wrong. Obviously Amazon has my e-mail address because they send me the info so I can track it. Curiouser and curiouser.

Here in the Seattle Condo I live in, clients must get 8 different Amazon deliveries over the day, some via US mail, some by UPS, and others via even more delivery services during each day with a total of  about 20 to 50 packages delivered per day to the condo tenants. Gosh one person can go to the Amazon Webpage open up their account and order what s/he wants and rather than going shopping and coming home with a car full of groceries and other products, it all comes in several  to maybe 10 plus packages over the next several days (most packages come within a day, two or three days of ordering, and the occasional item some 8 to 10 days after ordering).

I get an email confirming the order, another email saying that the item has shipped and when it should be arriving, and often a 3rd email confirming the date of arrival, should that delivery date be several days out.

12 hours ago, Ferret said:

Is that Amazon Mexico or Amazon U.S. ? I do order from Amazon U.S. and they have never sent me an e-mail of delivery arrival. I track my purchases myself from the tracking number given.

Amazon Mexico.   Here is email from last order.  Maybe check your settings??

Entregado: Cuisinart CSB-75MR...
Yahoo/Trash
  • Amazon.com.mx <order-update@amazon.com.mx>
    To: xxxxxxx@yahoo.com
    Oct 2 at 4:16 PM

www.amazon.com.mx
    Hola Ruth,
    ¡Tu paquete ya se entregó!

Rastrea tu paquete

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimages-na.ssl-ima Cuisinart CSB-75MR Mezclador de...
    Devuelve o reemplaza los artículos en Mis Pedidos.

•  

I am not a member of Amazon PRIME  (RickS, are you?)and this is where I think the problem lies for me. I have been into settings and checked around but the option of the mail saying that it has been delivered does not seem to be available for me. I have signed up for the "text message on delivery" option. We'll see if that works.

Archived