Chapala.com Webboard

El Cartero

Chapala Country Club at Vista Del Lago is doing a Thanksgiving buffet Monday. Marco (formerly at El Rey Taco) is back from Cabo and is their chef. Marco knows his turkey dinner. The person making the reservation must be a member of the club (just a social member).  

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:07 PM, El Cartero said:

Any restaurant or evento serving a turkry dinner for the Canada Thanksgiving day next monday.

At least 8 restaurants. They were advertised in last weeks Guadalajara Reporter but not this weeks.

You can say that again, Harry, LOUDER! Just got home after having the best Turkey dinner in Mexico in 22 years. No, it wasn't a buffet today but it was divine! Buffet will happen for both American Thanksgiving and Christmas. In addition to Turkey, they will have Prime Rib for Thanskgiving and Roast Pork for Christmas. Great service too!

Hector's turkey, with sweet potato, mashed potato, quiche, veg, stuffing! and cranberry sauce filled me way up. I chose apple pie rather than pumpkin pie.  Perfectly cooked everything. And Hector introduced a very polite and happy young boy to each table, his son I believe. Tried to tip the valet, but he wouldn't have it.

My favorite place was always La Nuevo Posada for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but nobody ever recommends or even mentions it anymore and I no longer enjoy large, noisy groups, so haven’t been there in a few years. What happened? Service and or food is not as good as it used to be?

I feel the same about crowds, etc., so have not gone out for Thanksgiving dinners in the last few years.  Yesterday, we decided to have lunch at Nueva Posada after seeing an ad for their menu additions.  However,  we decided on two old faithful items; the Taco Salad and the Fish and Chips.  Both were excellent, as was the service.  I imagine they'll put on a proper feast for the holiday.

1 hour ago, Al Berca said:

My favorite place was always La Nuevo Posada for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but nobody ever recommends or even mentions it anymore and I no longer enjoy large, noisy groups, so haven’t been there in a few years. What happened? Service and or food is not as good as it used to be?

For me, the prices just got to be too much. And only being able to partake after 5 pm was a downer for me. (That's how I ended up at Manix.) However, price-wise, it's anybody's game these days. Manix was $260 each, no drink, and I think that is unreasonable.

5 hours ago, Al Berca said:

For me the food and service are as good as before-they always sell out. But since they remodeled a few years back you usually eat in what used to be the bar. Much too hot and noisy. They were hoping to have this Thanksgiving dinner outside in the garden.

Archived