Chapala.com Webboard

NEW HOSPITAL IN RIBERAS?

gringal

18 minutes ago, Al Berca said:

Santiago must be referring to his hospital otherwise he could  just pickup the phone and call Dr. García, who already has appointments scheduled in his new hospital, and not be spreading easily disproved, unfounded negative rumors about the San Antonio facility on local web boards or elsewhere disguised as a question to which  he could easily find the answer if he really wants an answer.

They are not answering questions about the project via phone.   Just a question. No need to think it's negative.  

The RIBERA MEDICAL CENTER on the LIBRAMIENTO(Across from El Dorado) is still forging ahead.  Tentative date for opening is June 2019. 

Sorry if I stirred up confusion. Please disregard my post if you don't have any further information. 

Happy Holidays to all! 

The hospital across from the Chula Vista golf course is well under construction. The plans have been posted in the lobby at Maskaras Clinic since before construction began. The plans have always included included locales available for other businesses to rent in addition to the space dedicated to the hospital and doctors' offices. No change in the original plan.

• Thanks 2

I hope my favorite Farmacia which is immediately to the West of the entrance to the Maskaras Clinic will move as well to the new building. Of course that would require that her  blood drawing and testing office would come as well

The Maskaras crew have tried this hospital thing 3 times.  The idea that they are looking for shops makes me think it might not be quite what they proposed it to be.  Professionals would have all that space contracted to appropriate vendors and service providers long before 60 days before they say it will open. We will see.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr.Santiago said:

Clarification:

The construction is still going on. Building is about 50% complete.

But from what I have heard (RUMOR MILL) is that it will no longer be a "hospital" and will only be LOCALES (Store fronts). 

WOW, I hope that any of your proposed medical treatments do not rely on rumors of a potential cure !!!

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

WOW, I hope that any of your proposed medical treatments do not rely on rumors of a potential cure !!!

🤣 Of course not.  Good ol' guidelines set by the AAFP, ACP and ABIM. 

Although it is rumored that Marijuana can cure just about anything ! JK !!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 months later...

Well funny....    guess what?   Saturday morning... day before Easter.... I was the first patient (I think) of the new hospital owned by Dr. Carlos Garcia, of Maskaras.  I fell in the night, not gently.  They took an X-ray, put me to bed for a long nap, gave me (non narcotic) pain pills as I am allergic.  Etc.  Very attentive young doctor (she speaks English if you need it).  Lovely staff already working and clearly staffing up.  They are clearly putting all the finishing touches in, and I believe the MRI is installed.  The hospital isn’t huge, and the west wing is for “locales” or shops.  I will see Dr. Gonzalez (he’s good, and been around for many years), the ortho, this week.  I think the cost was $3,500p in total.  The hospital is directly in front of Chula Vista.  I’m sure there will be more news soon.

So, Santiago Hernandez, looks like Maskaras beat you to the punch.

• Thanks 1

I am sure I will get crap for this but it is a reality. 

Hopefully we keep the pharmacies and clinics here in Riberas. Traveling west and east of Riberas is getting more difficult. Not only that but the rents will be higher therefore moved on to the customers and surely medical costs will increase.

The question should be will these facilities be able to handle what we currently have to travel to Guadalajara for? 

Progress ??? Convenience??

1 hour ago, SunshineyDay said:

I am sure I will get crap for this but it is a reality. 

Hopefully we keep the pharmacies and clinics here in Riberas. Traveling west and east of Riberas is getting more difficult. Not only that but the rents will be higher therefore moved on to the customers and surely medical costs will increase.

The question should be will these facilities be able to handle what we currently have to travel to Guadalajara for? 

Progress ??? Convenience??

I'm afraid convenience comes with a premium cost $$$. Guadalajara is still the gold standard. 

As soon as the rainy season starts for good, their new parking lot is going to be flooded.  The steep driveway will allow the water to flow straight into the parking since they didn't plan or execute a drain at the terminus of the driveway.  Again, poor planning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, negative negative ... I was so pleased a place could see me and take an X-ray  and care for my aches and pains... Ajijic Clinic Hospital didn’t have a tech on call, they claim 24 hr hospital status.... and their X-ray is old and achy anyway or it was.....  the cost was a bit higher than Ajijic Clinic on past visits.   I for one am thrilled we are getting better medical infrastructure.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Took a patient to the emergency facility tonight and was taken care of promptly and efficiently, no problems.

Yo1, the security guard told me they will have small craft to ferry folks from the parking lot lo the hospital entrance and inclined planks over the sandbags at the front door for sillas de rueda.

And what about that arroyo directly west of the hospital when it overflows it´s banks.

Problems, problems, problems……..:D

Yo1. I sure hope your are just kidding about the flooding. My doctor, Dr. Garcia, and the rest of Maskaras Clinic will be moving there. As soon as it opens, I guess sometime this month.

Does anyone know when this new facility opens? I think it is this month.

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2018 at 6:39 PM, Dr.Santiago said:

I got my question answered on TOB.  TRAILRUNNER stated that the property was sold to COSTCO.   

Thanks and I'm sorry if I upset anyone with my question.  Please accept my humble apologies. 

Happy holidays. 

And of course this trailrunner person is of the highest reliability standards that a border promotion can put forth. Right? By the way, do you still smoke in front of your office between patients?

13 minutes ago, Ferret said:

It was an hilarious response to a ridiculous question from Dr. Santiago. It was so deadpan that I was duped. And, yes, Trailrunner would know since Trailrunner was working for Dr. Garcia at the time. 

Who does she claim to have been working with and what functions did she allegedly perform? Garcia the Internist or Garcia Garcia the Cardiologist ? Both of them are involved in that hospital.

7 hours ago, johanson said:

Yo1. I sure hope your are just kidding about the flooding. My doctor, Dr. Garcia, and the rest of Maskaras Clinic will be moving there. As soon as it opens, I guess sometime this month.

Does anyone know when this new facility opens? I think it is this month.

Pete, read the whole thread.

The hospital and Dr.´s office are open and used by two people posting on this thread, including moi. In fact, I posted that in the post directly before yours.:017:

• Like 1

I thought you were kidding slainte, when you started talking about boats to take you across the flooded parking lot. Thanks for correcting me.  I saw cars parked outside of the facility today. I guess I will have to go check it out.