Chapala.com Webboard

Rug Wanted

Zeb

We are looking for a large colorful rug, at least 10 x 10. 

We also need a long runner. 

If anyone has one for sale or can suggests places to buy one, that would be great.  I already know about Barbara's Bazaar, Meubles Placencia and the resale shops in our area.  Haven't found anything.

I don't think the Mexican rugs sold on the main road will work as they are too thin and would be hazardous for a lot of walking.

28 minutes ago, johanson said:

When you said 10 by 10. I am guessing that you are talking feet and not meters. I am curious which do you mean? :)  

And I am curious as to why you care 🙄 and what help that is to the OP

Zeb, one of the rugs was from the Oaxacan seller on the Carterra  (sp?) - the other from the lovely Oaxacan family on the Plaza in Ajijic

3 minutes ago, kam said:

And I am curious as to why you care 🙄 and what help that is to the OP

Sorry I offended you Kam. I too have carpets and runners and I was just curious. And I still am. In Mexico and most of the world we talk in meters. However on Chapala.com. We go back and forth, sometimes using meters and sometime feet. I was hoping my question might be helpful to both myself and to others

Go see the sellers of Oaxacan rugs on display along the carratera near El Torito and where the Wednesday market takes place. We  bought rugs from one of the families for years, from the time they first showed up, as did our visiting friends and family. So accommodating, even letting us take some rugs home to see which ones looked best. Once even having one made for us in a specific size. (Those were the fun days.) They last forever and can be washed (depending on size) in you washer. Warning: Your cat and dog will love these rugs--something maybe in the dyes that smells good. Our cat would lie on the rug, grab a corner and roll herself up.

You mentioned Barbara's Bazaar--it often has some on consignment.

The people who sell rugs on the carretera in Ajijic will come to you house with a van full of rugs. They will put various ones in place in your house to see how they look. They are thin but work fine and they have some beautiful ones.

2 hours ago, Zeb said:

Both good suggestions.  Where did you buy the Oaxacan rug?  How can I tell which Sears is a large one?

The one story ones that obviously don't have much once inside and the 2 story ones in large malls. We have 2 of each here in SLP

We purchased our rugs online and had them shipped. We purchased them on sale and with customs and shipping, it was less than what we could find locally. The big selection makes it much easier to decorate...

16 hours ago, Zeb said:

We are looking for a large colorful rug, at least 10 x 10. 

We also need a long runner. 

If anyone has one for sale or can suggests places to buy one, that would be great.  I already know about Barbara's Bazaar, Meubles Placencia and the resale shops in our area.  Haven't found anything.

I don't think the Mexican rugs sold on the main road will work as they are too thin and would be hazardous for a lot of walking.

Sent you a private message.

Archived