Chapala.com Webboard

Drone Surveillance.... to break into homes

lakeside7

I can imagine our local drone fans loathe the thought that some of us have already imagined that scenario and thus don't want drones flying over our property.  I am hoping that the problems described above will be addressed by appropriate legislation soon.

Covering events open to the public is a good thing, but quite different from our walled yards, which aren't.

I always thought a drone patrol would be ideal security for many of the fraccs. lakeside. They could patrol  the roads, night and day. Many fraccs swould not be open to be the first, investing quipment, etc. It will probably be a private citizen, contracting to the fracc, looking after all maintenance, charging and monitoring. I think it would be much more effective than stationery cameras, especialy if they spot suspicious vehicles or behaviour. I would do it myself, but apparently you are not allowed to mount chainsaws on drones in this country - bummer!

I read the article in the paper which says there will be new limits on drones and only citizens of Mexico will be able to legally fly drones.  Also some more strident limits on really large drones.  But as we all know, Mexico has MANY laws that are not enforced.  To the local non-citizen drone operators...be aware of the new laws and be ready to pay a mordida if somebody catches you.  Otherwise, enjoy living in a functioning anarchy!  Viva Mexico!   Alan

• 4 weeks later...

Archived