Chapala.com Webboard

Prove to George Bailey that it Really is a Wonderful Life!

MAKE IT A WONDERFUL LIFE FOR GEORGE BAILEY! I brought George Bailey to dr. Pepe's a few weeks ago. He couldn't stand up, the light in his eyes was out. He had clear evidence of a life of abuse. I had to leave him with Pepe to be treated for mange - he's had to be isolated from the other animals. The mange is gone, but he is going to stay with Pepe 1 more week to be sure. I go visit him and walk him every day. The light is shining from his eyes - he is such a sweet boy -- about 2 1/2 - 3 years old. I had him vaccinated and neutered. When I walk him he is so friendly and calm -- completely unafraid of loud trucks, other dogs and people. He just seems to be so happy to be feeling good and to be around people who are nice to him. He would be wonderful for anybody! Just by himself - or with other animals; just for 1 human, or a family of humans. He's great with absolutely everybody! Please consider showing George Bailey that it truly is a Wonderful Life - FOR HIM!! <3 Please post or PM me. You can go visit him at Dr. Pepe's too. His clinic is just by Telecable on the carretera in Riberas.

Bailees 1st smile.jpg

showdog.jpg

Bailees blond eyelashes.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to everyone who viewed this post. Unfortunately, George Bailey, while recovering from kennel cough, then contracted distemper, and he just didn't have the immune system to be able to fight it, and very sadly, I had to put this sweet boy to sleep. RIP sweet George Bailey. He was a really special one. ❤️ 

9 hours ago, Poe Bango said:

Thank you to everyone who viewed this post. Unfortunately, George Bailey, while recovering from kennel cough, then contracted distemper, and he just didn't have the immune system to be able to fight it, and very sadly, I had to put this sweet boy to sleep. RIP sweet George Bailey. He was a really special one. ❤️ 

So sorry.  You did your best and he had love and care at thr end of his life.  He was a cutie!  May George Bailey rest in peace.

Yes, Poe, you are to be thanked. Listen, people, Pepe is a fantastically warm-hearted person, and the very few number of casualties compared to his success rate is miniscule. This is a man who welcomes any animal from any person, anytime, and goes out of his way to make sure you are served first and frequently. So what if he is not a genius; he doesn't charge enough money to even barely survive.  We in Riberas near him can hear his dogs go ape-sh** every morning around 6am when someone arrives, but we are happy to put up with, knowing the number of lives he is saving, and the number of people he is giving happiness.

6 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Yes, Poe, you are to be thanked. Listen, people, Pepe is a fantastically warm-hearted person, and the very few number of casualties compared to his success rate is miniscule. This is a man who welcomes any animal from any person, anytime, and goes out of his way to make sure you are served first and frequently. So what if he is not a genius; he doesn't charge enough money to even barely survive.  We in Riberas near him can hear his dogs go ape-sh** every morning around 6am when someone arrives, but we are happy to put up with, knowing the number of lives he is saving, and the number of people he is giving happiness.

Thanks everybody, and thank you CG for your defense of Dr. Pepe. His life is devoted to helping all these animals, and at great personal expense to him. I had no where else to bring Bailey because of the contagious nature of his mange and kennel cough. I couldn't bring him home because of my own animals, and I don't have a separate space where I could have kept him. Pepe agreed to bring him outside every morning so that at least he could get fresh air all day. Of course, like 99% of all emergencies, when I found him it was 7:00 pm on a Saturday. Pepe met me at his clinic, like he always has before. I wish I had a ton of money so I could just buy him a brand new shiny clinic with a big yard. I love Pepe and am extremely grateful to him. ❤️ 

I have a soft spot for Dr. Pepe. When a friend took in a cat off the street it soon became apparent it was ill and began going down hill very fast. My friend had no pets so she did not have a regular vet nor did she have a car. She began calling around and no vet would come to her apartment on a Saturday night to see a street cat. Someone gave her Dr. Pepe’s phone number. By then it was 11 p.m. He heard what was happening and simply asked for directions. After examining the cat he said she had a severe respiratory infection and he would need to take her home with him. My friend asked how much it would cost because she did not have much money. Dr. Pepe said not to worry about money. The cat was in care for about a week, slowly getting better. When the cat could go home Dr. Pepe told my friend to pay what she could. She gave him some pesos and said she’d come another time with more. He said that was not necessary. He was happy he could save the cat and make my friend’s kids happy. That is the kind of vet he is.

Thank you, Poe, for your help and turning to Dr. Pepe who does as much as he can for needy animals and not earning much in return. His "accommodations" are not ideal, no doubt about it. I wonder if we--who can afford the high priced vets (the Ladron clinic comes immediately to mind)--and others with just a few pesos to spare could start an occasional (monthly?) fund-raiser for Dr. Pepe which could ease the burden he takes on in caring for the most desparate needy ones. Maybe start with a jar on the counter at his place with a sign saying "Help Fund Dr. Pepe's Needy Patients." Or something better than that.

I'm not able to do much these days  to get this underway, unfortunately. But I'd contribute promptly.

Lexy

13 hours ago, Lexy said:

Thank you, Poe, for your help and turning to Dr. Pepe who does as much as he can for needy animals and not earning much in return. His "accommodations" are not ideal, no doubt about it. I wonder if we--who can afford the high priced vets (the Ladron clinic comes immediately to mind)--and others with just a few pesos to spare could start an occasional (monthly?) fund-raiser for Dr. Pepe which could ease the burden he takes on in caring for the most desparate needy ones. Maybe start with a jar on the counter at his place with a sign saying "Help Fund Dr. Pepe's Needy Patients." Or something better than that.

I'm not able to do much these days  to get this underway, unfortunately. But I'd contribute promptly.

Lexy

That is a really great idea, Lexy. A friend of mine and I were thinking about doing a GoFundMe to raise some money to buy him an x-ray machine. I think your idea of just starting with a jar is a great one. I will also get on the GoFundMe as soon as I can and will post it here. But I'm thinking that maybe, more importantly than the x-ray, might be to raise money for him to have an overhaul of his clinic. I'll ask him if he rents it or owns it. 

You might consider   this suggestion ..

set up a  group of people if  you want  as  an in-formal organization  or as individuals  who want to help,

and   DONATE  cat and dog  FOOD on   some kind of consistent  regular basis  ..

This will give an immediate benefit   to the animals   that Pape has there,   AND   it will give him some immediate  financial relief  in his food bills for his animals .

This will allow Pepe to  take care of his business 'better'  with other bills,   with the foods bill costs  being  decreased by donated food. 

I have 9 large rescue dogs, and many  cats.. and I know  what pet  food  bills are,   and  I know Pepe  would appreciate this kind of assistance  with his food bill .    

Archived