Chapala.com Webboard

Xmas decorations

HoneyBee

A group of us always went to Salvador's for the buffet on Canadian Thanksgiving, American Thanksgiving and Christmas. We prefer the buffet style so we can choose what goes on our plates. Anyone know of any other restaurant that does a special buffet on those dates? T.I.A.

Over commercialization, in Mexican stores, has been rampant for well over 10 years. It is disheartening and I do find it depressing. Even in San Miguel way back when, we had kids coming to the door for three nights in a row... October 31st (Halloween), November 1st (Dia de los Muertos para ninos) and November 2nd (Dia de los Muertos).

Early commercialization of holidays happens in Canada and the U.S. as well.  It seems like every holiday display gets earlier every year.  Same with the back-to-school sales.  I remember seeing Walmart in Canada putting out their back-to-school items on the shelves in June, before the old school year had even ended!  Ridiculous!

17 minutes ago, Ferret said:

A group of us always went to Salvador's for the buffet on Canadian Thanksgiving, American Thanksgiving and Christmas. We prefer the buffet style so we can choose what goes on our plates. Anyone know of any other restaurant that does a special buffet on those dates? T.I.A.

If you have a copy of this week's Reporter, there are five ads for Canadian turkey dinners (their head of Sales went all out to make sure they all advertised this event).  However, none are buffets. Even Panino is advertising, which is kinda silly, because they have a turkey dinner every single week... except on October 8, it will be the same meal but cost you more. They don't include a drink or a dessert, so when you check out the competition's prices, keep that in mind.

7 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

If you have a copy of this week's Reporter, there are five ads for Canadian turkey dinners (their head of Sales went all out to make sure they all advertised this event).  However, none are buffets. Even Panino is advertising, which is kinda silly, because they have a turkey dinner every single week... except on October 8, it will be the same meal but cost you more. They don't include a drink or a dessert, so when you check out the competition's prices, keep that in mind.

Panino's Thsanksgiving meal is a little different than their Wednesday turkey meal as it includes stuffing and green beans.

Archived