Chapala.com Webboard
dennis clark

flower trellises

A number of years ago, I was looking for a trellis and couldn't find one at Lakeside.  I found a picture of one in a magazine and took the photo to an herrero, who built it for me.   It was more or less like this: 

image.png.b3d5f25af9b0dc3e6ee979a05ee75d90.png

• Thanks 1

I, personally, wouldn't do wood here unless you like throwing dinner parties for the termites. Iron, pvc or copper... google.

• Thanks 1

I use a section of fence mounted a bit away from the surface of the wall so the vines can easily wrap around.  Once it's covered by the vines you can't see it anyways.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dennis clark said:

looking more for the flat fan type to go up against my back wall, thank you for your help.I'll try have hammers.

Wood will last a year.  Iron work is relatively inexpensive--that's what I'd do.  In fact, that's what I did.  It's been nearly 20 years since the iron worker built my trellis, and it's still standing and supporting a large flowering vine where I used to live, as an arch inside over the door to the street.  A metal fan trellis would last as well.