Chapala.com Webboard

Need neurologist

Sandrita

After complaining to my doctor that my walking balance was off she sent me to the neurologist, Dr. Miguel Valle at Quality Care who sent mee to Guad for an MRI.  The results were that I had had a number of mini strokes and that was the reason for the walking issues.     He put me on some meds and prescribed physical therapy.  The long story is that  Í cannot get an appointment with him until sometime in December

Does anyone have a good personal experience with a good neurologist?  If you want please you can PM me.

Muhas gracias. 

That's a tough one Sandrita - Dr. Miguel is one the best, treating the type of neurological issues you describe. Why don't you phone or email him to ask if he has a colleague. He recently moved here from Mexico City (CDMX), and I guess what has happened is that he is picking up on a tremendous backlog. As I have mentioned before, most Neurologists of this calibre enter lucrative research positions, and do not treat individual patients. Mommas, - let your babies to grow up to be Neurologists!

My wife was diagnosed with a massive stroke, however after a review by Dr. Gabriel Varela, a neuro-surgeon @ cell 333 128 6347    24/7 , he personally took her in his car to the Puerta de Hierro Sur hospital, and after an MRI, found that she had a hematoma due to a leaking cerebral artery.  He immediately operated and saved her life. Followed up with over 20 house calls. He operates the Stroke call center.  He lives in Chapala, and has a beautiful office at where the old MOM's restraunt used to be near clinica Maskaras.

Thank goodness for a successful outcome Capt. There is another operating neurologist, Dr. Fonseca, locally. The type of Neurologist which Sandrita describes specializes in diagnosis and treatment of electrical impulses from the brain. There was a very recent article on this in the Washington Post about essential tremor - a hereditary disorder, usually from mother's father. Very commonly misdiagnosed, in the case of my maternal grandsfather and myself. It is considered benign, my grandfather lived to 97, but it can be scary if misdiagnosed. So as public service, I submit  the whole Google run. Curiously, a lot of people who think they have alcohol problems/stress disorders really have essential tremor.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=oHOqW9nwHsLwsAWlrZ-4Bw&q=washington+post+essential+tremors&oq=washington+post+essential+tremor&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.33i160k1.1704.15770.0.18912.34.25.1.8.9.0.298.5110.0j5j19.24.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.33.5543...0j0i10k1j0i22i30k1j0i13i30k1j0i8i13i30k1j33i22i29i30k1j33i21k1.0.7fcTg73RYfo

Chillin, you may be interested in reading this...

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/does-cbd-calm-essential-tremor-researchers-are-looking-into-it?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Cannabis in Canada Newsletter 2018-09-25

Edited to add: It is similar to one of the links that you posted from your google search but I had it from another source.

I'm not dismissing your angst, but it is almost October 1st; you have been seen, had tests performed, diagnosed and treatment prescribed but can't get another appointment for 6-8 weeks. So what's the problem. If you were NOB, you probably wouldn't have even been seen yet, let along been treated.  If you can get an appointment before mid-January be happy as most dtrs spend 2-4 weeks on holidays in December/January.

Thank you Ferret, always interested in this subject since my 85 year old Mother has responded so well to cannabis treatment. She is in a wonderful assisted living facility, so I don't worry about her falling down or ignoring her basic needs. She takes edibles, doctor prescribed, medical card, medical dispensed. She has Painkiller XL for day to day aches and pains (back problem - inoperable because of her age). This is unusual strain, 9% THC, 9% CBDS. It makes you a little happy, defininitely takes away joint pain, but you can still function (hopefully with a gentle smile on your face and a good appetite). The other is a legend, called by many names, usually Big Bud. It is unusual because it has high THC, over 20%(!), yet it is from an 75% Indica, full of terpenes and CBDs. The first five to ten minutes, you are high and happy, then the indica cuts in causing a deep, relaxed sleep.

I would like to see the results of tests on these by Neurologists studying brainwaves and electrical pulses of diferent strains. Unfortunately, the way cannabis is registered in the U.S.A. at this time, for medical research they must use cannabis from the University of Missouri, who knows what strain it is.

Chillin', you are soooo busted. You didn't read the link. The cannabis that they are using is being imported from Canada, with government approval, specifically for this study. From Tilray and it will be in capsule form and they know exactly what's in it and how much. Hardly any THC and lots of CBD (cannabidiol).

Sandrita--If Dr. Valle prescribed physical therapy and you haven't started it  yet, please do. I was such a skeptic about PT, based on experiences with two other Lakeside therapists. But out of desperation I tried one more, Jorge Ulloa. What a difference a well educated, knowledgeable therapist can make. He's helped me greatly. My husband too was helped to improve his balance.

Jorge's place is in Riberas. Give him a call. 108 1532. Next week he is away. Meanwhile PM me if I can fill you in on cost, his background, etc.

Lexy

On 9/24/2018 at 4:08 PM, CHILLIN said:

That's a tough one Sandrita - Dr. Miguel is one the best, treating the type of neurological issues you describe. Why don't you phone or email him to ask if he has a colleague. He recently moved here from Mexico City (CDMX), and I guess what has happened is that he is picking up on a tremendous backlog. As I have mentioned before, most Neurologists of this calibre enter lucrative research positions, and do not treat individual patients. Mommas, - let your babies to grow up to be Neurologists!

On 9/24/2018 at 3:04 PM, Sandrita said:

After complaining to my doctor that my walking balance was off she sent me to the neurologist, Dr. Miguel Valle at Quality Care who sent mee to Guad for an MRI.  The results were that I had had a number of mini strokes and that was the reason for the walking issues.     He put me on some meds and prescribed physical therapy.  The long story is that  Í cannot get an appointment with him until sometime in December

Does anyone have a good personal experience with a good neurologist?  If you want please you can PM me.

Muhas gracias. 

I can't see D. Valle at QC until Dec so that is why I am going to see the neurosurgeon  tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Archived