Chapala.com Webboard

EAR WAX REMOVAL

Monessen

Not every doctor or clinic performs this procedure but I wonder if anyone knows where one can go to have ear wax lavaged. People tell me I need to get the wax out of my ears because I am constantly asking them to repeat themselves. I am in my 70s and I thought that decreased hearing might come from my age. My friends assure me that it does not.  😨

Sadly, your friends are wrong.  My dad, who was healthy otherwise, was nearly stone deaf at 70 but wouldn't consider hearing aids.  I'm well on my way in that regard, but have been wearing aids for years.  Any General Practitioner can clean your ears, but if that doesn't clear up the problem entirely, I suggest you go to LCS (no membership required) and sign up to have Polo Gonzales give you a hearing test.  He is easy to deal with and has the right equipment for testing.  He can get hearing aids of many brands.  If you get hearing aids, they usually need to be adjusted afterwards, and this is more convenient that going to GDL.

The last time I had it done at the municipal clinic in Chapala for 100 pesos.  No appointment needed

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

How  many "Public" clinics are there in Chapala.?

If you ask the Mexicans, there is only 1 clinica municipal in Chapala.  " public " is not the exact translation of " municipal "

Feeling a little bored ?

Rony

Archived