Chapala.com Webboard

New 500 pesos bank note

HoneyBee

Today I went to an ATM to get sufficient funds to pay workers. When the money came out, I thought wow that's a lot of 20 pesos bills. As it turns out, the color of the new 500 pesos note is very close to the existing 20 pesos note. That should create some interesting stories when the liquor flows on weekends....

15 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

Today I went to an ATM to get sufficient funds to pay workers. When the money came out, I thought wow that's a lot of 20 pesos bills. As it turns out, the color of the new 500 pesos note is very close to the existing 20 pesos note. That should create some interesting stories when the liquor flows on weekends....

The same happened to me.

Mexico's Central Bank intends to phase-out the 20 peso note and replace it with a 20 peso coin.

https://www.mexperience.com/new-500-peso-bank-note-enters-circulation-in-mexico/

The current $20 peso bank note also features Benito Juárez.  It will be gradually withdrawn from circulation and replaced with a $20 peso coin.

There have been 20 peso coins in circulation before and then they kinda disappeared when the new 20 peso notes came out. Those suckers are HEAVY and I will be taking every opportunity to get rid of them... just like the last time.

Archived