Chapala.com Webboard

Warning message against this website

Orygun Duck

This is, unfortunately, the result of ongoing problems with the security software that is used on the servers. Hard to let anyone know, of course, because if they are unable to get in here, they can't see this, obviously. Again, it has nothing to do with your computers specifically. You might want to pass around, if you can, that Chrome is now the most affected, and newer versions of Firefox, for some reason, are not. Clicking on ADVANCED when faced with the warning allows you to bypass it. Clicking on Advanced in Chrome does not.

Chapala Mod knows and is working on it.

The servers are cared for by outside security and other providers, and Coldwell pays for them, so it is up to them to keep the certificates in order... which is usually very automatic. Just like on our own computers. But the software updates from both places are seemingly in conflict.

I was able to bypass the message with both Chrome and Firefox. The difference I see is I had to bypass the message for every page in Chrome. Where as with Firefox, you can make an exception one time to the message. Something to be said about unsure (http) sites when they don't need to be sure.

Yes I had the warning problem yesterday. But I could enter.  Luckily today there is no longer this warning and everything is OK. I use Edge and /or Internet explorer on the laptop I have with me on my annual Sept. visit up north.

Archived