Chapala.com Webboard

Telephone Connections

Zeb

I am wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as I am.  I am calling my spouse in the US and we are unable to complete single conversation, even for just a few minutes, without getting cut off multiple times.  Finally, out of sheer frustration this evening, I got in my car and drove to the Malecon towards Chapala and used my AT&T cell phone to call  thinking maybe this was a Telmex problem, as our land line is Telmex.  Well...same result, so maybe it's not specific to Telmex or At&Tis and a tower problem. 

Zeb - that seems to be a big problem at the moment.  I know it is a pain to call the 800 number but do it - Telmex swears there is not a general problem but we've have experienced it personally and I hear from people all across lakeside who are suffering from constant cutoffs.  The 800 number should be on the front of your modem.  Ask for someone who can speak to you in English and you will be transferred.  We all need to call them - constantly!

2 hours ago, Zeb said:

Well, my phone and internet are Telmex and I am continually being cut off.

Is your spouse using AT&T Mexican cell service in the US? AT&T Mexican cell service does what you explained in Mexico, USA and Canada constantly. It doesn't matter who calls who it will drop the call many times in 30 to 40 minutes is my experience - always has and still does.

No.  It is land line to land line

12 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

Is your spouse using AT&T Mexican cell service in the US? AT&T Mexican cell service does what you explained in Mexico, USA and Canada constantly. It doesn't matter who calls who it will drop the call many times in 30 to 40 minutes is my experience - always has and still does.

No. It is land line to land line.

Archived