Chapala.com Webboard

Physio Therapy Services

Alfa

My wife had a consultation followed by two sessions of therapy for which she paid 300 pesos/per. In order to claim reimbursement from our insurance provider, we asked for receipts to cover the service. The response from clinic staff, located on the libramiento near Pemexx,  was the they do not provide receipts. Anyone needing physio and hoping to claim reimbursement needs to carefully consider where to get the treatment.

I always tell them, in advance, that I will need a Factura so I can claim this on my Insurance.  They will provide you with one but you do need to pay the extra IVA.  I think it's 16%.  When it's just a cash transaction, they don't charge the IVA but when they have to report it which happens when a Factura is issued, you pay a bit extra.  But, in my opinion, it's worth getting reimbursed from the Insurance Company.

Perhaps if you offered to pay the IVA, they would be happy to give you the Factura.

Hope this helps!

Val Jones  :)

I've been in physical therapy for a year post surgery. As memtioned above, some places are equipped to issue Facturas (needed for insurance reimbursement) and some places aren't. Yes, it will cost more. It's the way it is. Ask first. "Receipts" are worthless, "Facturas" are everything.

Once my insurance stops paying reimbursements, I'll shop for less expensive help.

Many deductibles are in the 5000.00 US range which is in the 90,000.00 pesos range. One has to have a lot  drugs, local Doctor office visits, therapy.etc to get to 5000.00 USD. Is it worth the effort to pay that extra VAT (as much as 14,000.00 pesos+) and maybe most years never get to the deductible amount but pay the extra tax.  Do the math.

Of course it you have already met the deductible you will need the factura. But do the math! All the time.

It is the law that they have to give you a factura if you ask for it.  Let them know that, and indicate you will check with the local law and have a report written up about this.  You most likely will get a factura.  They don't like to give them as they have to claim the amount as income and have to pay taxes, as the factura folio number has to be filed on their taxes.

Cash transactions, no record, no pay taxes.

8 hours ago, REC said:

Wouldn't the $600 pesos or a little over $30 USD be under the deductible for your insurance?

Like Dave0415 said above, I did the math. In my case the physical therapy is on the back end of the private medical insurance claim. I had two expensive surgeries in a Guadalajara hospital. Plus consults beforehand, during, and after with surgeon, plus post-surgical medicine......and then the physical therapy began, which I've now been doing for a year.

After trying lots of out-of-pocket alternatives before turning to surgery, I knew the route I was taking and knew I'd clear the deductible easily. I began collecting FACTURAS for every single thing once I resigned myself to surgery.

You may have noticed a dearth in ads in the Guad Reporter up until a couple of weeks ago, from dentists, doctors, therapists, etc. The government started cracking down and insisting that they produce their license numbers in every ad to prove they are "legit". It took a long time for many to comply, willingly or otherwise, and a number still haven't.

3 hours ago, ibbocat said:

Or its social welfare systems, functional police forces, potable water and so on.

Yes but your taxes are so much higher, there is no free lunch or health care etc...and as more illegals arrive in Europe and present them selves for assistance etc , health care, schools and unemployment benefits,  the system can not sustain its self.... here we pay as you go..or user pay pay services...Why do you think the Mexican authorities are helping, fast tracking the refugees from Central America to the USA?

Archived