Chapala.com Webboard
HoneyBee

Tooth implant issues

9 hours ago, cedros said:

HoneyBee who was the dentist?

OP said that the dentista is highly recommended here quite often and there is only one female dentist who is highly  recommended on this webbord.

.... as in while the implant surgery is healing. 

• Like 2

On 9/17/2018 at 2:28 PM, HoneyBee said:

A couple of months ago I had 2 teeth implants "installed". Was all excited on finally getting them. Then within weeks they both became lose. Had them reset and today one of them simply came off. The dentista comes highly recommended on this board. Is this simply a "teething"  issue or is it welcome to Mexico ?

Honey bee is sounds like you went to the wrong dentist. I had a dental implant done in Canada 15 years ago and it is till perfect.

Which dentist did you go to? There are only a few Lakeside that can do it properly. I hope you don't return to the same dentist. Obviously incompetent.

On 2/20/2020 at 9:28 PM, spoodle22 said:

You do realize you cannot smoke cigarettes when you have a dental implant.

Or what? I did and do. No problems with my 5 year old implant.

• Like 1

Me too. And I have three implants and they are 6 years old. However, I vape and have since 2013. Implants are fine, teeth are fine and gums are in great shape... and I didn't need a bone graft to start the process.

• Like 1

My daughter had a problem with one of her implants that she had done elsewhere in Mexico.  It was found that something I think called an abutment was faulty (not the dentist).  After she had to go back a 3rd time, he ordered a new one and all has been great.