Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala Monday Tianguis after Independence Day

11 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

No, schools are open, banks are open, it's not a Dia Nacional, that was yesterday.  Next year on a Tuesday so expect a 4 day puente.

Mexican Independence Day will be on September 16, 2019--a Monday.  The Grito will be Sunday night the 15th.  I seriously doubt that there will be a 4-day puente; the holiday will be Saturday-Sunday-Monday and back to work on Tuesday the 17th.  

Thanks, one of my Mexican friends was saying next year it falls on a Tuesday and he was looking forward to a 4 day puente.  By now should have known that my Mexican friends are, how can I say, not real good with the calendar, (nor the clock for that matter). I should have confirmed that before posting.  Thanks for the correction.  Also, if I had my brain engaged I would have realized this year was not a Leap Year, not evenly divisable by 4, and that therefore next year the dates would only advance by one day of the week.

4 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Thanks, one of my Mexican friends was saying next year it falls on a Tuesday and he was looking forward to a 4 day puente.  By now should have known that my Mexican friends are, how can I say, not real good with the calendar, (nor the clock for that matter). I should have confirmed that before posting.  Thanks for the correction.  Also, if I had my brain engaged I would have realized this year was not a Leap Year, not evenly divisable by 4, and that therefore next year the dates would only advance by one day of the week.

Your making it sound very complicated. The short answer is regardless the dates etc these vendors need to make a living 7/52 ...we are the folks on holiday and "they" hope "we" will flock in greater numbers to buy baby, buy

8 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Your making it sound very complicated. The short answer is regardless the dates etc these vendors need to make a living 7/52 ...we are the folks on holiday and "they" hope "we" will flock in greater numbers to buy baby, buy

Sorry to hear you think dividing a 4 digit number by 4 in your head is complicated. The short answer is if today, Sept. 18 is a Tuesday then next year it will be on a Wednesday, unless the current year is a Leap Year in which case it would be on a Thursday.  Not very complicated at all.

Archived