Chapala.com Webboard

Garbage Collection Problems (again)

lakeside7

COMMUNICATED TO THE PEOPLE OF AJIJIC ON THE GROUND OF SUSPENSION IN GARBAGE COLLECTION:

For reasons beyond the Ajijic Delegation, there have been problems in the last few days in the Garbage Collection Service in this town, as well as in the municipality. Being SUSPENDED until further notice.

Today, Saturday, September 15, we will carry out with the intention of contributing to the solution of the problem, the collection in an unofficial vehicle made available by a citizen. Priority will be given to the downtown area and tour of the Parade in relation to the National Holidays to be held this weekend.

We know the inconvenience that this causes to the community, but committed to our task and in an effort to join all for the benefit of our people WE ASK the citizens of their cooperation with the following actions:

BRING your garbage to the streets of Constitución, Ocampo and Hidalgo today, Saturday, September 15, as well as not to REMOVE it tomorrow, September 16th. Thankful for your attention and cooperation we reiterate to order.

Ajijic we do it All!

It seems non payment to The Dump prevents the City from unloading garbage.....

When was this "communicated?"  Too late for my entire neighborhood.  Trash is everywhere.

If anyone here thinks the kind of incompetence and corruption the unfortunate residents of the Municipio of Chapala are subjected to is common in Mexico that is not only insulting a lot of decently run localities with a lot less in resources than this one, it is pure nonsense.

I just got back from a ten day moto tour covering over 3K kilometers and going as far south as Oaxaca and almost to Veracruz and driving through dozens of towns the size of this one and I never saw the kind of grunge and neglect we have had inflicted on us by this government.  No wonder the Mexican community voted more than two to one to toss it.  Not paying the landfill and letting the trash pile up is their farewell to us it seems.

It is now over two and a half years since this has been going on and that doesn't even include the almost total lack of street maintenance over the same period.  Thanks loads Javier I hope you have fun with our tax dollars.

If anyone wants to organize a mass dumping of trash at the door of city hall you can count me in.  Enough is enough.  We have a right to be fed up with this terrible local government.  Maybe a huge trash pile in their door will get their attention.  Shame, shame on Chapala!  

11 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

When was this "communicated?"  Too late for my entire neighborhood.  Trash is everywhere.

If anyone here thinks the kind of incompetence and corruption the unfortunate residents of the Municipio of Chapala are subjected to is common in Mexico that is not only insulting a lot of decently run localities with a lot less in resources than this one, it is pure nonsense.

I just got back from a ten day moto tour covering over 3K kilometers and going as far south as Oaxaca and almost to Veracruz and driving through dozens of towns the size of this one and I never saw the kind of grunge and neglect we have had inflicted on us by this government.  No wonder the Mexican community voted more than two to one to toss it.  Not paying the landfill and letting the trash pile up is their farewell to us it seems.

It is now over two and a half years since this has been going on and that doesn't even include the almost total lack of street maintenance over the same period.  Thanks loads Javier I hope you have fun with our tax dollars.

If anyone wants to organize a mass dumping of trash at the door of city hall you can count me in.  Enough is enough.  We have a right to be fed up with this terrible local government.  Maybe a huge trash pile in their door will get their attention.  Shame, shame on Chapala!  

Maincoons, the issue with the non=payment of dump fees and suspension of service to the municipio was posted in local papers and online sources at least 2 weeks ago. Yesterday early afternoon, Chapala posted the above notice re: suspension of service on their official Facebook page.

A lot of expats didn't use Facebook "back home" and don't join the many local FB groups nor do they communicate via Whatsapp, but both are preferred tools here to interface between government, local businesses and businesspeople. It does very much allow one to stay with the info flow. (Not that the original post means anything...our trash did get picked up last night after this post and the worker says they are working again today to try to resolve the backlog.) 

Archived