Chapala.com Webboard

Lampshade seller?

pekisko

Guest English Rose
49 minutes ago, pekisko said:
Does anyone know a store that sells lampshades that clamp to a lightbulb?
Thanks.

Try the lighting shop in the same plaza as Sunrise restaurant on the carretera.

That used to be the only kind of lampshade available here and they were all beige. Things change. I bought adapters from Bed, Bath and Beyond in Canada but I'm sure they may have them in their new store in Guadalajara. It goes over the light bulb but has a small harp that allows you to use the more modern style lampshades. I'll take a look on Amazon to see if I can find them.

And, yes, the lighting store to the east of Sunrise Restaurant had the best selection of shades... but even that's not great.

2 minutes ago, liquipure said:

Last time is was in the lighting store, they also carried those "harp" adapters. And if you bring in fabric, they can get custom made shades for you. I had a bunch covered ages ago and they still look great.

Awesome!

Here's a link to what the adapters look like...

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Hobbies-Adapter-Attaching-Finial/dp/B01AWSO6LI/ref=sr_1_12_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1537026799&sr=8-12-spons&keywords=lampshade+adapter&psc=1

I went into Lumina y Decora today. Didn't see any adapters and both clerks were too busy to wait and ask. They DO have both kinds of lampshades in various sizes. You kinda have to stick your hand in the top of each stack to feel whether they are one kind or the other. Mostly beige. Sigh. But, you could have some fun attaching fabric to the outside of the shade with a glue gun. Best of luck.

They had some custom made blue and orange  ones for me. They didn't charge a lot. If you go when the owner is there (desk at the back) he is very helpful. Some of the staff are hopeless. 

Archived