Chapala.com Webboard

Canelo Triple G

El congrejo

2 hours ago, El congrejo said:

Any idea who’s carrying this event on the big screen?

Probably the bar above the restaurant in the Ajijic plaza, forgot the name though

I watched the McGreggor fight there, also pay per view

When is it ?, I might go too

1 hour ago, gringal said:

UM...what's an antenna?😎

Used for OTA TV reception. (Over The Air)

Television antenna

A television antenna, or TV aerial, is an antenna specifically designed for the reception of over-the-air broadcast television signals, which are transmitted at frequencies from about 41 to 250 MHz in the VHF band, and 470 to 960 MHz in the UHF band in different countries.

Problems with the mountains blocking you?  Don't the Mexican networks have repeater towers around you yet?

OK, so just tune it in on SKY, probably Ch. 5 there, we get perfect OTA reception here.

7 minutes ago, bournemouth said:

But you didn 't get OTA reception when you lived in Ajijic - so why waste time and effort posting the idea in the first place.

Because I thought perhaps by now you folks had repeater towers.  Why did you waste your time and effort to post when you had a 0% chance of adding to the topic?  Gringal seemed to not know what an antenna is unless you are accusing her of being sarcastic?  OK, maybe that was the gig, sorry.

Lakeside, the place time and progress forgot............but not traffic nightmares.

Enjoy the fight.

With a large rotating antenna I was able to get 3 channels from Guadalajara, the last time I tried some12 to 15 years ago, and the reception was not that good. Now I can point my antennas (AKA satellite Dishes) out into space toward various satellites and can pick up satellite TV from Shaw Direct, DirecTV, Sky, or DISH etc.

14 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Because I thought perhaps by now you folks had repeater towers.  Why did you waste your time and effort to post when you had a 0% chance of adding to the topic?  Gringal seemed to not know what an antenna is unless you are accusing her of being sarcastic?  OK, maybe that was the gig, sorry.

Lakeside, the place time and progress forgot............but not traffic nightmares.

Enjoy the fight.

I think anyone over 50 knows what an antenna is.  YES, it was sarcasm.🙄

The Cocktail Bar (in  the old Tom's Bar location) now has 3 TV's and has lots of sports on - especially on the weekend. The had the Canelo/GGG fight on last night.

The have some decent food all the time and on Sunday's they have a special menu. Fun place for sport, music some nights, and just a great place to hang out.

Archived