Chapala.com Webboard

If you need an excellent reliable gardener.

willtravel

Sputnik recommend this gardener and I can't say enough about him.

The name of his company is Barron Landscaping. Speaks perfect English, since he was raised in the USA, and does excellent work.  Shows up when he says he is going to and owns a truck and his own equipment.  I live in Joco and he willingly comes.   You will not be dissapointed.   

His name is Ernesto Barron  331 267 9364

15 minutes ago, willtravel said:

He is fantastic!  Will post his info again.

3 minutes ago, willtravel said:

The name of his company is Barron Landscaping. Speaks perfect English, since he was raised in the USA, and does excellent work.  Shows up when he says he is going to and owns a truck and his own equipment.  I live in Joco and he willingly comes.   You will not be dissapointed.   

We get it.

9 minutes ago, willtravel said:

Awe that is so nice of you for your kind words....this is sputnik....Ernesto is working at my house and works so hard.  We are planting a garden and he works so hard.  His father and mother are moving here from Durango who actually taught him landscaping to join him in his business.  They are very knowledgeble and their work ethic is what is so important also and honesty.  Anyway, thank you for using him.

13 minutes ago, willtravel said:

Hello, I am the wife of Ernesto Barron. He is very knowledgeable on landscaping. Him and his father both worked with a landscaping company in Wichita, ks. They also had done their own work on the side. I am so greateful for your kind words! Thank you.

-April Barron :)

4 minutes ago, sputnik said:

Hello, I am the wife of Ernesto Barron. He is very knowledgeable on landscaping. Him and his father both worked with a landscaping company in Wichita, ks. They also had done their own work on the side. I am so greateful for your kind words! Thank you.

-April Barron :)

April, he is at our home currently diligently working.  I do hope those in need of a gardener call him.

10 minutes ago, willtravel said:

April, he is at our home currently diligently working.  I do hope those in need of a gardener call him.

Thank you so very much.  We are trying to make a life here and we do love it.  I am a gringa and we have a 2 year old son.  Thank you so much for using Ernesto.  He is such a hard worker, when he doesnt have landscaping he works construction with Chuy Jimenez from 8am to usually 7pm hard labor so he is not afraid of hard work, something that every wife appreciates.....lol...he has always done what it takes to feed his family.

4 hours ago, Jistme said:

Important to some of us ....How much does he charge for a once-a-week work on a small, simple space in San Antonio?

How can you expect a quote for work without him seeing the space and finding out what you need/want done? “Small” and “simple” are relative terms. 

4 hours ago, Jistme said:

Important to some of us ....How much does he charge for a once-a-week work on a small, simple space in San Antonio?

That's a strange question to expect someone else to answer. Most people would call the guy, ask him to come by and give an estimate for what you require done.

It is much better to agree on what you want done and pay for the job. My gardeners come every other work and I pay a set amount. Sometimes they work a bit less time and sometimes longer but I pay the amount we agreed upon for the job. I will sometimes tip if there is a lot more work because we had a storm or they trim a large tree for instance. They have keys to my outdoor space so I do not even need to be home though I usually am. 

Hourly rates vary by experience of the gardener and the type of work they do. It also depends on things like do they provide their own tools or use yours or do they bring fertilizer and sprays or do you provide. 

9 hours ago, Jistme said:

Good question.  He comes to us every 2 weeks now during the "rainy" season and will come once monthly during the dry season.  You will find that his is comparable to others but his work is very good.  Please give him a call and he will happily look at your space and give you a quote.

8 hours ago, Jistme said:

Yes,I could have phrased it differently.Try again...Does he charge by the hour, or by the size of the lot, I've never had a "Real" gardener, only 'handymen' 

Oh, never mind, I'll give him a call.

Hello Jistime:  Just give him a call (331 267 9364) and he will be happy to come by and give you an estimate.   He is like family so im speaking freely for him.  He lives right here on the border of San Antonio and Riberas so he is very close to you.  Thank you for considering him.

Just a brief comment. I used Ernesto Barron to clean-up my small garden, and he did a fine job. He is hard working, arrives when he says he will, and his prices are reasonable for the quality of work. I will be using him in the future, and can recommend him highly.

16 hours ago, MtnMama said:

Just a brief comment. I used Ernesto Barron to clean-up my small garden, and he did a fine job. He is hard working, arrives when he says he will, and his prices are reasonable for the quality of work. I will be using him in the future, and can recommend him highly.

We are so glad you were pleased with the work and so grateful that you gave him a try.  Thank you for your kind words.

9 hours ago, Ferret said:

I will also be calling him. I have just spent two days trimming two bugambilia bushes. My arms are scratched to hell and I'm just gettin' too old to be up a ladder doin' this kinda stuff.

Ferret:  thank you for using him.  Yes he is young and strong....i remember the days....

• 5 months later...

Archived