Chapala.com Webboard

Dr. George

Beebee

I get pedicures from a technician at the Dr. George office. They give the greatest of service. Parking can be a little difficult though. I have never visited a Dr. there. And I am not sure whether there is a Doc there called Dr. George.

It was recommended that I go there because of my toenail fungus and things are slowly getting better.

Had terrible experiences at "Dr." George. High pressure to buy useless, way overpriced, relabelled product. Surly staff, who clearly did not enjoy working there on old gringo feet. It was all good when we discovered Dr. Daniel, from Guadalajara, who comes lakeside twice a week, to perform housecalls. He is a fully accredited medical doctor, a podiatrist, and a truly wonderful soul. He charges 250 pesos for a housecall, but he maybe upping his prices to reflect rising gas prices. With medical podiatry it is important to keep up the battle, very reasonable, monthly house calls help a lot. He also can provide podiatry surgery, but he will take you to a private clinic in Guadalajara. His smartphone, which is the best way to contact him, 331-197-9322.

3 hours ago, johanson said:

I get pedicures from a technician at the Dr. George office. They give the greatest of service. Parking can be a little difficult though. I have never visited a Dr. there. And I am not sure whether there is a Doc there called Dr. George.

It was recommended that I go there because of my toenail fungus and things are slowly getting better.

Pete what is the charge for a "normal" pedicure..

7 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Had terrible experiences at "Dr." George. High pressure to buy useless, way overpriced, relabelled product. Surly staff, who clearly did not enjoy working there on old gringo feet. It was all good when we discovered Dr. Daniel, from Guadalajara, who comes lakeside twice a week, to perform housecalls. He is a fully accredited medical doctor, a podiatrist, and a truly wonderful soul. He charges 250 pesos for a housecall, but he maybe upping his prices to reflect rising gas prices. With medical podiatry it is important to keep up the battle, very reasonable, monthly house calls help a lot. He also can provide podiatry surgery, but he will take you to a private clinic in Guadalajara. His smartphone, which is the best way to contact him, 331-197-9322.

Thanks for info and referral. Does Dr. Daniel speak English?

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps five years ago, I went to the local Ajijic office of Dr. George, which at that time was behind the Pemex on the Libramento above Walmart, inquiring about a needed foot surgery.  No Dr. George there.  The location was something like a Franchise, using his name but providing the simpler services, and did not have the facilities or qualified personnel I would need. 

An appointment with the real Dr. George in his Guadalajara office left me with various concerns, unanswered questions or unclear details, so I booked a second appointment.  I waited a long, long time, eventually a nice woman who, I think was his daughter, took me into the office and explained more details of the surgery, showed models of feet, photos of the process and answered questions while we "waited" for Dr. George - but he simply never showed, up during the nearly three hours I was there, waiting.

There was lots of talk telling me everything would be fine, that I would get excellent medical service and be happy with the results, but everything else I experienced was pretty much the opposite.

Then an inquiry with my local dentist, if he might know a qualified doctor who's first priority was the customer, instead of the money, led to Dr. Jorge Alvaro Gonzales Urzua.  It only took one face to face and I was satisfied I had found a great choice.  Yes, he speaks English.

His practice is for Ortopedoay y Traumatologia Orthorpdic, located at: Tarascos #3432, Fracc. Monraz, Guadalajara, 333 813 2005.  He also comes to lakeside weekly, for an appointment here call 376 765 4805. 

Additional comments on this board at

Archived