Chapala.com Webboard

Medical Cannabis Oil (CBD Drops)

Arjay

I've been using this CBD oil I buy on Mercado Libre for the last six months as a sleep aid.  I've been putting about a quarter dropper full under my tongue an hour before I plan to go to sleep.  Works very well for me.   For years I was troubled by annoying lucid dreams that disturbed my sleep and this oil has eliminated them completely and allows me to sleep more deeply and longer.  Good stuff and the supplier is very reputable.  Product comes by FedEx the day after I order it.

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-624008149-oil-premium-cbd-hemp-750-mg-alta-concentracion-envio-gratis-_JM

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thank you for excellent input.  I'm now back at Lakeside and here's an update. 

On August 28  I began taking cannabis oil and by my return on October 16 (with a dosage of 2 ml twice a day) I unfortunately had got no relief from my pain.  After so many good reports from people, I was really disappointed especially since I've  been living with chronic pain for over 3 years and it's really wearing me down.

So what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for others.  Back to the drawing board - damn it !!

On the legality question. Three Federal judges in CDMX have now ruled in favor of legality. These cases had nothing to with medicinal use, which will be a big greedy mess when introduced, but rather human rights. I haven't the skills to read the Spanish decisions, but it comes to the right to pursue happiness, a freedom granted and protected under the Mexican Constitution.

On Wed Sep 12 2018 at 3:16 PM, Arjay said:

I have recently begun taking cannabis oil for pain control and feel that it's beginning to help.  It's legal in Canada and also in Mexico but illegal to take it across the border.

Can someone please let me know if I can get a prescription from my local GP in Ajijic and where I can buy the oil, including the 1:1 drops which is equal amounts of CBD and THC.

Is there an online supplier in Mexico the same as in Canada?  Obviously I want to be sure I'm buying good quality, safe cannabis.

Any info would be much appreciated and serious replies only, please.

https://extragreenlife.blogspot.com/?m=1

Please note that CBD does not contain any significant THC. Has no effect on cognitive function. 

CBD is different. Unlike THC, it is not psychoactive. This means that CBD does not change a person's state of mind when they use it.

On 9/13/2018 at 6:33 PM, Zeb said:

Legality of medical treatment is in the works.  In the meantime, all those types of things are legal here in Mexico in small quantity.  I know where you can purchase an oil with has a combination of CBD and THC.    For many medical conditions, you must have both chemicals as they work in concert with each other.  This is a complex topic, but that's the simple explanation.    The other option, of course, is for you to grow it (very discreetly)  and make your own oil.  The insanity and stupidity of the governmental system is this.  You can possess a small quantity, but you are not allowed to grow it, so that begs the question, if growing is illegal, then how to you possess any???  Anyway, that's a bit off topic from what the OP asked.

CBD made from cannabis seems to be more effective than that from hemp perhaps because of the full spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes in cannabis.Take Zeb up on his offer. It is truly a miracle for so many conditions. Helps with pain substantially. I have considerable arthritis, 2 herniated discs, a hip and knee that need replaced and I use no pain meds other than an occasional ibuprofen and CBD tincture. There actually are a number of strains of high CBC cannabis and more are being bred all the time as a result of legalized recreational use of cannabis in a number of states in the US. Here in WA state we grow a good portion of our legal recreational crop with high CBD strains. I make a tincture for myself and my family and it is incredibly effective for a large variety of issues. My daughters use it for monthly female issues. My youngest daughter has an issue with anxiety and using CBD tincture makes that a non issue. I use it for migraines and pain management and it is just a wonder for me:-) I have countless accounts of how this helps a large variety of medical concerns. 

Thank you for your post Susy Wilson. I totally agree with your statement "CBD made from cannabis seems to be more effective than that from hemp perhaps because of the full spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes in cannabis". As with everything, quality and concentration come into play.

I would not give up Arjay. You just haven't found what works for you yet. I had daily (sometimes multiple) cataplexy episodes for 28 years until I started taking a half a grain of Indica based cannabis oil (only THC no CBD) just before bed at night. I started it in November of 2014 with the hope that it would help me get the deep stage of sleep. The elimination of the cataplexy was a surprising side effect and has made an enormous difference in the quality of my life. Oil in a syringe is far more potent that any liquid tincture.

We are all different and what works for one does not work for another. It does not mean that you should give up.

• Like 1

I don't use CBD oil but my wife does. I'm not against it - just don't have anything for which it is medically indicated. From this thread, it sounds like there are no local purveyors in the area. Is that the case? If so, that's disappointing. I hope the trend towards marijuana legalization in Mexico increases the availability of CBD oil, too.

On Tue Nov 20 2018 at 8:13 PM, Sorn said:

I don't use CBD oil but my wife does. I'm not against it - just don't have anything for which it is medically indicated. From this thread, it sounds like there are no local purveyors in the area. Is that the case? If so, that's disappointing. I hope the trend towards marijuana legalization in Mexico increases the availability of CBD oil, too.

https://extragreenlife.blogspot.com/2017/09/cannabis-oil.html

https://www.facebook.com/Victor.Alcazar.Doppelganger/about?lst=100009562119013%3A100005732857962%3A1540651645

Available at Lakeside via the above contact. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 8:29 PM, Alpha1 said:

Thanks for the info. I don't see anything from the links to indicate he's selling CBD but...ohhhhh...that could be intentional. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more.

CBD from hemp is not illegal here. I ordered online from healthyhempoil.com in the U.S. and received it here without problems. It took a long time to get it because they shipped it USPS and it gets to the border fast then has to wait for the mules of the Mexican Postal Service to take over....they are S>L>O>W !!!!!

IF you can find a distributor of CBD made from HEMP that will send via Fedex or another courier method, there should be absolutely no problem.

Just for some minor clarity, both hemp and so call marijuana are cannabis plants. Marijuana is just a common (slang) name given. Virtually all cultivars of cannabis contain CBD and THC in varying degrees. The amount of CBD in commonly used cannabis circa 60s and 70s was reduced radically as breeders sought higher percentages of THC. Some users may have noted the increase in paranoia and body cumbersomeness as the plant's naturally occurring balance of THC and CBD was disrupted. Another of mankind's errors in my opinion.

It is true that most hemp cultivars already have an appropriate ratio of CBD to THC and produces an excellent CBD extract (oil) without psychoactive effects.

To the member who received no analgesic effect from CBD, this is no surprise and you are completely correct that it just does not work on some people's metabolism or endocrine system.

Hemp has very little THC... as in just about less than 1%. Some cultivars of marijuana have very little THC... like Charlotte's Web which is mostly CBD. It is far easier to google a percentage that you're looking for since there are thousands and thousands of marijuana cultivars that have THC but far fewer that have both THC and CBD in equal proportions and fewer still that are high in CBD but low in THC. Google is your friend.

In a perfect world, all would be tested to know what's in the final product for sure. How a seed is cultivated has an impact on its final percentages as well. Lots of variables in play here.

Angus, that article is from 2008. Anything more recent?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4573548/

Everybody is unique in their genetic make up. If a migraine is just a migraine, why are there so many different migraine medications. Same with pain medications. Somewhere in the future, this will perhaps be better understood. Whatever works.

Good video Angus. There are charlatans out there for sure. That goes hand in hand with my comment about "In a perfect world, all would be tested to know what's in the final product for sure. How a seed is cultivated has an impact on its final percentages as well. Lots of variables in play here. "

IF someone is interested in CBD for a particular condition then it is worthwhile searching on Google for studies and for a reputable product.

• 4 months later...
On 9/12/2018 at 3:16 PM, Arjay said:

I have recently begun taking cannabis oil for pain control and feel that it's beginning to help.  It's legal in Canada and also in Mexico but illegal to take it across the border.

Can someone please let me know if I can get a prescription from my local GP in Ajijic and where I can buy the oil, including the 1:1 drops which is equal amounts of CBD and THC.

Is there an online supplier in Mexico the same as in Canada?  Obviously I want to be sure I'm buying good quality, safe cannabis.

Any info would be much appreciated and serious replies only, please.

Not sure if you are still here, however, I have found an oil here in Mexico that is Full Spectrum that has some THC in it. If you take a lot you will get a high, however, taking 2 drops 4 times a day, and then a bit more for sleep is working really well so far. I am loving it! You can find out more at my temp website  http://samuelclark.com/cbd