Chapala.com Webboard

Salvador’s Restaurant

RCman

A month ago the plan was to have it ready to open by the end of Sep. I looked at the inside of the structure a week ago and it did look like it was indeed getting close to being finished, I hope by maybe as early as the end of Sep.

With the money being spent on improvements, renovations, a second floor Terraza and who knows what else, this looks like it is going to be a quality, first class restaurant with premium foods and prices. It will be a welcome change to dismal, dull and now defunct, Salvador's. Another step up the ladder to change Ajijic from small town to big time tourist draw. I think it's going to be a showplace and a popular upscale destination.

Al!  Bite your tongue. We need to upgrade Ajijic from small town to big time tourist draw?  Have you been ensnarled in the traffic lately in our "small town"? (And it wasn't me who put that ha ha moji on your message.) No, we're good.

Lexy

16 hours ago, Al Berca said:

With the money being spent on improvements, renovations, a second floor Terraza and who knows what else, this looks like it is going to be a quality, first class restaurant with premium foods and prices. It will be a welcome change to dismal, dull and now defunct, Salvador's. Another step up the ladder to change Ajijic from small town to big time tourist draw. I think it's going to be a showplace and a popular upscale destination.

Good one Al, I get it.

Ajijic is getting more sophisticated. Look forward to seeing the finished product. Just like the new Argentinian restaurant on Colon is a wake up call for Tango; this one might be a problem to nearby Alex's Pasta Bar. Hopefully there is enough business for the old timers as well as the newbies. Restaurant scene lakeside is evolving

Actually, I am with a lot of others so unhappy losing Salvadors and the thought of going from a cosy quiet retirement area to a bustling overpriced small town is kinda outside my reasons for being here. I knew what we had here and was and still is happy to be in Chapala for the long term. I am way past hoping for future expensive growth in this lovely Mexican retirement area.

This is already a big tourist draw, both from NOB and Mexico. We do not need any more tourists, we are overloaded. The new restaurant on Colon is unfortunately part of a chain. I have found them to be uninspiring and do like the locally owned and operated. They usually have more to offer while not being overpriced. YMMV

I think there is little danger of small independent restaurants going away lake side. Favorite restaurants we love like Yves, La Terraza, Brunos, and Go have a big local following and support. The upscale restaurants will be utilized by the Tapitios and some of the Gringos on special occasions. But the community is changing. I think there is room for all

On 9/13/2018 at 11:16 AM, Hal said:

Ajijic is getting more sophisticated. Look forward to seeing the finished product. Just like the new Argentinian restaurant on Colon is a wake up call for Tango; this one might be a problem to nearby Alex's Pasta Bar. Hopefully there is enough business for the old timers as well as the newbies. Restaurant scene lakeside is evolving

Sophisticated when they can not organised payment of their bill to the local landfill. 

Archived