Chapala.com Webboard

Taco Bell voted best restaurant in the country

Mainecoons

From the "you just can't make this stuff up" department:

https://www.wfsb.com/archives/taco-bell-voted-best-mexican-restaurant-in-the-country/article_c954a2f5-c717-533c-b78f-b9decfa3f6cf.html

ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) -- The Harris Poll, a nationwide customer survey of their favorite brands, has released its 2018 results.

The poll surveyed more than 77,000 customers in the U.S. on more than 3,000 brands to find which companies are the favorites among consumers.

Respondents weighed in on everything from printers to pizza, and the results are surprising. Here are some of consumers’ top choices.

Best Mexican Restaurant: Taco Bell

The after-hours crowd is still probably Taco Bell's biggest customer base, but the company has grown its popularity through creative ads like the Nacho Fries conspiracy theory movie trailers starring Josh Duhamel and a strong social media presence.

The company has 7,000 locations and does nearly $2 billion in revenue.

See what you're missing?  🤣

When I first came to Ajijic I had just sold a location for a taco bell.  When talking with the mexican who was showing me properties, I mentioned this fact to him. He said, you know I think a taco bell would really do good here.  I said, a taco bell?  He said sure, these mexicans have never tasted anything like this in their life!   

8 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Seems to be the accepted notion. It's a taco in name only.

Back when I lived in CA coastal town, there was a good Mexican restaurant with reasonable prices near downtown and across the street, there was a Taco Bell.  Guess where all the Mexican workers were lined up at lunchtime? Yep.😉

Don't knock Taco Bell.  It is what it is.  It may not be authentic Mexican but it doesn't claim or try to be.  It serves decent fast food at reasonable prices.  I always hit Taco Bell when in the States for tastes I can't get here.  And, yes, I saw a lot of Mexicans in the Taco Bells in California.

13 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Nobody said they tasted bad.

By the way, it's not "decent" food. It's full of crap, just like most fast-food chains. Luckily, most people can't resist the taste of most fast-food chains.

Nobody is arguing that it's not popular.

7 hours ago, MtnMama said:

OK, the food tasted like greasy tomato flavored cardboard. IMHO But then I didn't eat at McDonalds either.

Well, that's a first. Everyone else seems to think it's delicious and worth searching out. I haven't been to one for about 30 years; my first taste was at a Bell in Watertown, and I just never could go back.

On 9/12/2018 at 7:52 AM, ComputerGuy said:

Trying to think of a similar situation. Do Germans line up for fake beer? Do Barbadans line up for fake beef rotis? Do southerners in the States line up for KFC?

Southerners in the states line up for Popeyes!!!!

My first experience was outside a timeshare in Florida, beside DisneyWorld. It was the worst: slow, slow, slow. Couldna cared less. Poorly-done chicken. So when I had some at an airport on the way to Canada a couple of years ago, and there was no other place close, and I experienced the same slow, slow slow... well, they never did put in my order! But it came whistling out, super hot, and very tasty. Then I was up in Ottawa last year and had occasion to try it again, don't recall why: damn it if wasn't good. And I've been enjoying it ever since.

• 3 weeks later...

Fast food is what it is. Convenience when we are too pressed for time , too lazy to create a masterpiece, or can't find anyone to go out with us to a fancy  restaurant with cloth napkins. Sometimes the service is less than we expected from a minimum wage employee whose 15 year old car went dead on the way to work and they were docked for being late but normally we only see that we aren't getting what we expected.  Fast food has been a god-send for millions who would have starved or eaten vegetables out of a can with their Vienna sausages or potted meat. Fast food restaurants allow us to eat decent , inexpensive food quickly  so that afterwards we can spend precious time with our friends and family not washing dishes, napping, or cleaning up after a feast.  

Archived