Chapala.com Webboard

I just "cheated" Walmart out of $300

Eric Blair

I needed a consumable item today, actually I needed/wanted 10 because I use them up and know the price isn't going to go down.

So I see them at Wally World for $78.00. Excellent deal. I checked the SKU against the sticker. Mismo. I looked for an ending date if it was a sale. None. "Doubting Thomas" as I am, I take a picture of the shelf sticker showing the SKU and the $78.00 price.

Go to the check out and (no) surprise, they ring up at $128.00. So I show the photo to the cashier and she double checks it for me and reduces my bill. So, did I make $300?

Figuring to pay-forward, I take 6 $50 bills from my wallet, and give each bagger $50 as I walk out.
I'm sure WM immediately changed the shelf price to $128.00 (said sarcastically).

So I'm set for probably the rest of my life with the 10 units I got today and the 2 I still have in reserve.

image.png

You're all right on the math. I was going to buy at the higher price before I challenged it. So what I did was figure my "savings" by not letting WM cheat me. Yes, it was $500 saved, and now I recall I has only 6 $50 peso notes, etc.

The point I really wanted to make was that in WM, Soriana, etc. you really should watch the prices as they ring up. Maybe it doesn't matter to "you," however, I would rather the amount over the sticker price I saved, go to help the baggers. And I would give even odds that if I go back tomorrow, the sticker price will be the same and it will be rung up higher.

Archived