Chapala.com Webboard
Eric Blair

I just "cheated" Walmart out of $300

I needed a consumable item today, actually I needed/wanted 10 because I use them up and know the price isn't going to go down.

So I see them at Wally World for $78.00. Excellent deal. I checked the SKU against the sticker. Mismo. I looked for an ending date if it was a sale. None. "Doubting Thomas" as I am, I take a picture of the shelf sticker showing the SKU and the $78.00 price.

Go to the check out and (no) surprise, they ring up at $128.00. So I show the photo to the cashier and she double checks it for me and reduces my bill. So, did I make $300?

Figuring to pay-forward, I take 6 $50 bills from my wallet, and give each bagger $50 as I walk out.
I'm sure WM immediately changed the shelf price to $128.00 (said sarcastically).

So I'm set for probably the rest of my life with the 10 units I got today and the 2 I still have in reserve.

image.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Now there is a story you can tell at every Christmas.   🤣

• Haha 2

I'm losing the math here. He bought ten. He was given $500 back. He dispensed $300.

But he didn't make anything. They charged him the sticker price.

• Like 1

I must have gone to a different school than you folks.  If he saved 50p on each of 10 units this is 500p. He gave 50p each to 6 baggers this is 300p.  This leaves him ahead 200p.    

58 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

I must have gone to a different school than you folks.   

I went to Stoner High.

he did a good thing. I don't think Carlos Slim will go hungry.

You're all right on the math. I was going to buy at the higher price before I challenged it. So what I did was figure my "savings" by not letting WM cheat me. Yes, it was $500 saved, and now I recall I has only 6 $50 peso notes, etc.

The point I really wanted to make was that in WM, Soriana, etc. you really should watch the prices as they ring up. Maybe it doesn't matter to "you," however, I would rather the amount over the sticker price I saved, go to help the baggers. And I would give even odds that if I go back tomorrow, the sticker price will be the same and it will be rung up higher.

because he saved the money, he gave the savings out to the baggers who are no employees, only make tips. nice of him...

• Like 1