Chapala.com Webboard

Need feedback abt good hotel

outtlen1988

La Nueva Posada is a wonderful place to stay and eat with both indoor and outdoor dining areas. Real de Chapala has mediocre food and friends who stayed there were not that impressed. When I had dinner with them, I ordered a Caesar salad... that arrived with packaged Caesar dressing. 'nuff said? La Nueva Posada has the added advantage of being closer to everything yet also far from the madding crowd and is quiet.

The best thing about La Nueva Posada is its location right on the lake. There is a beautiful outdoor dining area and the rooms are large and comfortable.  The food?  Good enough, but it's within walking distance of many restaurants and the downtown.  It's quiet there, too.

2 hours ago, Aquaponicsman said:

Never stayed there, but attended a lot of events at the Real Chapala. It looks nice.

Here is a Trip Advisor link w/434 review

REAL DE CHAPALA $76 ($̶8̶9̶) - Updated 2018 Prices & Hotel ...

image.png.44db1a0e2dbd6756701cf3f1ae85cfbd.png

We stayed there twice. Their grounds and the location is perfect. They cater to well to do Guadalajara people and are not entirely Gringo friendly.  But that is about it. Their rooms (few years back) and the food was not so great. Although we go there occasionally for Bohemia Obscura, Nachos or club sandwich  . It is pleasant place on the lake to sit and people watch on Sunday afternoon.  I personally would stayed in Posada Nueva. It is much more charming and  welcoming.

The house we bought ten years ago was uninhabitable, so we checked in to La Nueva Posada and stayed about three weeks while the contractor got the plumbing and wiring working well enough to "camp" in the house for the rest of the renovation.  Very pleasant place to stay.  It was nice sitting out on the balcony and watching the lake change in the evenings.  The dining room is very comfortable and the menu is varied enough to please most palates.

Archived