Chapala.com Webboard

Constancia de inscripcion de empleador

virgogirl

I have 90 days with which to re-establish a connection with an employer because i hold a Residential Temporal -Permiso para Trabajar. There is only 1 game in the Chapala area to work legally as an English teacher and they like to take you as hostage and keep you enslaved from 8am-9pm. So I am completely over that as I did it for about a year. I worked many years in GDL in the past, never encountered that. I will be seeking work in GDL and commuting by Chapala Plus if I can find something.

My big question is why aren't the private language schools, or private schools in general connected and registered, licenced and permitted to hire extranjeros?? I am seeking insight as to why so few are legal. Maybe it is because they have to then pay taxes and report their accounts exactly, and whatever else, which can be costly. If they mess up they may be subject to fines. I'm not sure, and while I try to fish for information from employers who aren't on board, answers are not forthcoming. They will lie to you that they are legal because they have need for the teacher. Now I demand their work permit ahead of the game. I say I cannot be on board until the paperwork flies at INM. And this is now how it is done. Not like the "old days" before law changed in 2013. So by pushing the envelope, you can see if they REALLY have what they say. Most say "start tomorrow" and we will get this for you. Then they don't deliver. happened to me many times and all the time you are working illegally the burden is on you. The extranjero can be deported while the school gets a hand slapping.

I used to work for a real nice school in GDL and they fell off the INM wagon. They lost their incorporation to the gov. At that time, earlier this year, 8 teachers made an exit due to legality. Many came from abroad and were promised visas. The school always provided and maintained that. Then they fell from grace and no one was told why. I am trying to go back there, but I am waiting for them to tell me they are back on board, and they don't reveal why they aren't. I suppose it is common not to reveal administrative issues.  

I can count many employers who have offered me work, very good work, and want to pay me under the table. This does not help maintain my type of visa status and while i never hear of anyone getting deported for this action, they tell me at the INM you certainly can be deported for working anywhere that is not connected to INM.

ANY INSIGHT YOU HAVE WILL HELP. THANKS.

SANE in Chapala is looking for English teachers, not sure if they are registered.  Many employers dont register as they dont want the hassle nor spend the time or money.  

Thank you Spencer. How can I get in touch with SANE, as I never heard of it, and thought i combed the area well. What I don't understand is the ins and outs of it. Do they have to pay the gov. to be registered? What do they have to report? Taxes, rosters of teachers/ students? I just want to understand the cost and time comsuming aspect to settle my mind. I have been in so many situations over the years where they see a Native speaker with my credentials and they want me in tomorrow, promising the propers and delivering nothing. In this political climate, I wonder if they realize how dire that is for the visa holder. I understand the system will slap the hand of the school and deport (at most severe) the extranjero whom is working with an entity that is not incorporated with INM. Before 2013, I had my visa and could work for the legal representative as well as other unregistered schools in GDL. They say you can't work for ANYONE not registered now.

Thanks for the info on SANE and it's location if you know it.

I believe these are Mariana Francos' contracts. Very good job in Business English. My specialty. I spoke to her previously and she is not registered. So you would have to be permanente or Mexican national.

But thanks for the tip. I had been working for "the only legal game in town". I had been overworked for over a year. There was a promise I could work a regular predictable schedule when we got the two new teachers. Lasted for 3 days. Then it was back to enslavement and abuse. Needing to be "on-call " from 8am-9pm. I pushed hard for what had been promised and got fired. I asked for the alguinaldo over being fired but did not receive it. I had been a loyal employee for over a year, never sick, calling in, always there for them. They figured I wouldn't get a lawyer and push it. They always do that there in their other business as well figuring folks will just go away and give up.

Well, there are several reasons why I work in this country. First, when I lived in GDL, I found the work conditions to be decent and normal and schedules were predictable and good. I worked as a licenced psychotherapist most of my life,LAKESIDE 7. I changed careers in 2006 in GDL, getting certified in TEFL and then training teachers. I've had great jobs here and teaching motivated people English is rewarding. In 2016, I retired with small social security that doesn't make financials for the other visa options. I can live on it OK, but it doesn't allow me permanente. However, a path to permanente for me is holding a work permit for 4 consecutive years and then becoming permanente. I have a passion to teach.

Usually schools are run by educators, academic types, intellectuals. The ones that are run as "money mills" are the ones that mistreat the teachers. I have worked at many schools that were excellent overall. The problem at lakeside is that the pickins are thin for incorporated schools (connected with INM) I hope that answers your question,Lakeside 1. And no, never was into self-flagellation. Just working as a professional, master degreed, certified teacher workin' my way to permanente status. I won't sue them, but certainly may pursue my severance.

Archived