Chapala.com Webboard

Bazar Sale for Injured Gardener - Donations Accepted

sunnyvmx

Our young hardworking Assistant Gardener was hit by a drunk driver.  He's in the hospital with severe injuries.  He is suffering with a broken jaw, lost teeth and has had one leg amputated from below the knee.  He comes from a good hardworking family, but medical costs are mounting and we, the residents of The Penthouse, are hoping to help.  We would like for him to have a good prosthetic leg so he can return to work when he has fully mended.  We miss him.

We are planning to have a Bazar and bake sale or open café on Saturday, September 22.  I am clearing my home of decorator items, kitchen and  whatever else that I don't need, want or am just tired of storing.  Some items have never been used.  It's all going to a good cause.  All of us here are joining in to make this a huge success.  We will gladly accept your donated items for sale and would hope to see you on the 22nd.  Ads will follow with address directions and times, list of items for sale and maybe photos.  Look for them in the Classified section.  This is "Community Living" at it's best.

Can someone tell me his age and preferably his date of birth?

Maybe I should give you a little more info as to why I'm asking for the his age.

I am a member of the Lake Chapala Shrine Club and our International Shriners Hospitals for Children treat children up to the age of 18 for Orthopaedic, Burn Care, Spinal Cord  Injury and Cleft Lip and Palate treatment, regardless of their ability to pay.  Our Mexico City Hospital may be able to help.  See  

Shriners Hospitals for Children - Orthopaedics

Yes, he is 17 and a representative of the Shriners has visited Alehandro (we call him Alex) at the hospital and he is going to be fitted with an excellent prosthetic leg. We will now be able to help with new teeth. Thanks to the Shriners for their caring, assistance and love for children.

Donated items for sale can be dropped off anytime at The Penthouse, Avenida del Pilar #54 in Riberas behind Mirasol. Someone will answer the doorbell and receive your items with much thanks and appreciation.

1 hour ago, sunnyvmx said:

Yes, he is 17 and a representative of the Shriners has visited Alehandro (we call him Alex) at the hospital and he is going to be fitted with an excellent prosthetic leg. We will now be able to help with new teeth. Thanks to the Shriners for their caring, assistance and love for children.

Donated items for sale can be dropped off anytime at The Penthouse, Avenida del Pilar #54 in Riberas behind Mirasol. Someone will answer the doorbell and receive your items with much thanks and appreciation.

Wonderful news Sunny - thanks for letting  us know and for what you are doing to help.

I have tons of stuff that I was going to use for a garage sale, but I will be glad to donate it to this if someone can pick it up.  My car is broken and I can't drive it right now.  

Or you may email or call me   dawson_beverley@yahoo.com   - there is an extra "e" in beverley    

Landline is 106 0848 or Cell is 331 245 8651.

If anyone can help I have a lot of good stuff for selling.  

Thank you,

Beverley Dawson 

Hi Beverley, we will be thrilled to pick up your donations tomorrow.  Alex's uncle works as our manager and has a small pickup.  We also have a young strong resident fellow from Australia that's willing to help Chuy and has an SUV if that might be necessary. He just doesn't know it yet.  I will talk with them tomorrow at breakfast and call you to make arrangements.  Your items will help to make the Bazar a great success and all of us concerned with helping Alex to heal can't thank you enough. 

People have asked for updates so I can tell you that his surgery today to fix his broken jaw went well today.  Food is fed to him by a syringe.  Tomorrow he will have surgery to fix one of his cheekbones and maybe both.  I don't know.  His nose is still broken.

Expect my call about 10am and if you're busy, don't worry, I'll keep calling.  My phone number is 331 319 1012.

I have not heard from anyone this morning.  I was supposed to have a phone call at 10:00 am and now it is 11:00 am.  What is up?  I hope someone is coming today, I have pulled all of the garage sale stuff into the living room thinking someone would be here soon to pick it up.  I can barely walk in here now.  Please let me know if no one is coming or if they are when? 

Thank you,

Beverley Dawson

Archived