Chapala.com Webboard

Changing Address

Steve1965

Me and my family are relocating from the Yucatán to Chapala. I know you have 90 days to advise immigration of your new address. I also know they need a utility bill or something official mailed to your new address as part of the documents needed for the change.   My question is, since we will be renting, will they except a CFE bill in the owners name?  

Yes, they will.  It is the address that they want to confirm as a real place. It can help if you have a rent receipt, or a copy of your lease. A Telmex bill or contract will also suffice if you do not have the landlord's CFE bill.

i just changed address. you must also provide the change report from the government site, a letter stating the old address and the new address and a line in the letter saying this is written as the truth. without that line in the letter the submission won't fly. 

1. Change report from government SEGOB site. make sure the name is exactly as on the passport and the address is exactly as on the CFE bill. or other document

2. write a letter and state what you are saying is the truth.

3. provide a copy of passport, resident card, cfe or other document and bring origianls.

slam dunk if you have your ducks in a row.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived