Chapala.com Webboard

New RAMEN food truck

ComputerGuy

Just west of Donas-Donuts, there are a few food trucks. Saturday evening after enjoying the amazing globos, we headed over (cold and rainy though it became). Oddly, the two big ones were closed before 8, but I guess that's the way they operate. So we stepped into a tarp-covered joint called RAMEN. Run by a Mexican Brit named Brett, it serves a very small menu of Ramen soups: one with pork, one without. And a curry wrap, which was not available, so they gave us edamame instead cooked in butter and soy. Deelish.

The soup was very tasty and very interesting. The pork slices are wrapped with their own fatty exterior, marinated, and then flash-grilled using a butane torch. That produced a uniquely tasting bit of meat. The rest was comprised of a $3-peso package of ramen noodles from WalMart, and some yummy veg and broth. At 70p for the edamame and 130p for the ramen, it was seriously over-priced, but it tasted great and I was full. I'll go back, but I'll really have to be in the mood to pay that price, I think.

3 hours ago, kam said:

Thanks CG, this is in our 'hood and, while we usually go with Tacos Arabe, ramen is fine when you are hungry, don't want to cook and everything is closed. We'll try it.

Finding good tacos arabes is really a PITA.  😂 🤣 😂        😎   (She didn't really say that, did she?)

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Gringal, your post squeaked in right in front of mine; I was referring to the joke that More liana made (Pain In The A**), that kam was questioning. So this was just a circular boondoggle...

CG, you should know that joking gets you into trouble. Too many without a sense of humor. Just Kidding or Am I.

Archived