Chapala.com Webboard

Pancho's Deli/Grocery

Carnivore

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great. One post suggested that parking will not be a problem. Will there be a parking issue there?   It's been a while since I have driven by there. I can't remember seeing much of any parking around there but I could be very wrong.  

I dropped by Pancho's new Deli/Grocery this afternoon and talked to the workers. Right now they are working on one large space inside the structure. The area is much larger than his present side but still maybe as much as a third the size of Superlake. There is additional space he could expand into and the workers did not know anything more than that they were fixing up the first nice somewhat large space.

He could turn this space into a wonderful place to shop. I wish him the best in this endeavor.

Realistically I would think his prices are going to sky rocket with the new overhead  cost...the few stores that have tried to selling imported stuff have all folded..I guess the math of paying for the higer overheads will kill the business...Lets face it the Superlake set up is a unique business...family  probability has paid for the buildings long time ago....

On 9/12/2018 at 7:37 PM, Ferret said:

That works for me. I am going to LOVE going in the opposite direction of the traffic.

It seems that most times I am going into Chapala the traffic is backed up starting by the large wall mural..then before that the road is surface is collapsing and soon will be just mud..just like the olden days...welcome to paradise 

Today was the first and probably the last visit to La Casita in GDL. Good selection of imported products. For us, there was not anything special enough that those prices. May be losing my tastes for most products from NOB. Did not like no prices on the shelves. 

Good luck with the product selection and prices at Pancho's.

True gringal! But I don't buy either bottled salad dressings or canned soups... msg and a load of other chemicals in both. So, what do I buy in SuperLake? Individually wrapped Kirkland TP and paper towels... mom's entrees, sesame seed oil, cambazola cheese, packaged walnuts and shredded coconut, unsweetened apple sauce and pineapple chunks without sugar, Jacob's Cream Crackers, Shreddies, coffee and brown filters (not Melitta), oatmeal cookies packaged in threes, linguine and brown rice (without bugs).

3 minutes ago, gringal said:

I'm a fanatical label reader; even carry a magnifying glass to see the very small print.  I've noticed a correlation between the amount of "junk" in food and the size of the print.  😉

🤣

4 minutes ago, gringal said:

I don't buy canned soups myself, so my reference was just meant to serve as an example of where big savings are.  For salad dressing, it's usually oil/vinegar plus spices.

I understood your point.

Archived