Chapala.com Webboard

Looking fora lady co-moderator for a revived venture.

Eric Blair

When these panels were initially done in 2004, there was a lot of interest and sometimes SRO (Standing Room Only). This is a tried and true way of discussing thought provoking topics. All of the topics were not only well received, but had a lot of audience participation. Some people commented "I always wondered about that but never asked or talked about it."

It takes work putting these together. Getting a venue, getting panel participants, getting the word out (The Guadalajara Reporter  also listed them).

I will take an investment of time,  however I feel it will give something worthwhile to the "community."

Eric, Lexy made an excellent point about people being more responsive if you filled us in on your background and experience in putting together such panels. Do you have any besides knowing how things were done in 2004? If you want buyin from the community people need to know more about who you are and what you bring to the table. 

This is not something I just pulled out of the air.  I put on several of these in 2004 with a lady who lived in Ajijic. She went back NOB and that ended them. As I said, they were better than well received.

I have extensive experience in public speaking (not motivational).

If there wasn't so much involved, I would try to do it myself, but I have other things going and don't like to try to juggle too many plates at once.

Maybe it wasn't a good idea, or the demographics are different now than 14 years ago.

Nothing ventured and nothing gained.

Everything (not just demographics) is very different here from what it was 14 years ago. Perhaps there are people who want to gather somewhere and listen to other people talk moderated by a man with extensive speaking experience and a lady/woman/female who is there for some reason. I just can not think of any who I know. By the way, would people pay admission to listen to people talk and have a chance to speak themselves? 

Archived