Chapala.com Webboard

Looking fora lady co-moderator for a revived venture.

Eric Blair

I am looking for a lady to be a co-host for some panel discussions to be put together for presentation Lakeside.

Age, race, etc. unimportant. Should be reasonable mobile.

Must be outgoing. a good communicator,  English speaking and enjoy interacting with others.

Non-smoking please (when we work together and/or at the presentations).

If interested, please PM me with your email and tell me about yourself and why you feel you would enjoy doing this. I will reply with specifics from my personal email.

Point well taken gringal.

The panal topics will vary such as:

"They Shoot Horses, don't they? An uncensored discussion on Assisted Suicide." 

"Senior Sex; "Use it or lose it?"

"Should I be my brothers' keeper? When to mind your own business."

"Legislated morality; Have some governments gone too far?"

Other subjects suggested by audience members.

Questions and answers period.

Lady/Woman/Female. I feel it is a good balance when there are two moderators, for one to be male and the other female. Sometimes a person in the audience may feel more comfortable directing a question to a man or woman, or feeling they will get a "better" response to their particular query from a man/woman.

The 4 panel members will also be balanced between male/female  depending on what segment of our society they represent. I may look for someone from the medical field; someone with a legal background; someone to respond from an ethical point of view, and one "average" person (if there is such a thing).

Hope this helps to get some "applicants."

24 minutes ago, Xena said:

Seriously? There are still people who feel “more comfortable” or that they will get a “better response” from people of one gender as opposed to another? Really? Don’t know whether to laugh or cry. 

Maybe both laugh and cry. The people who would rather communicate with one gender rather than another are still, unfortunately, legion...or at least that has been my observation.😂

5 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Sorry Eric but you seem to have run into a hornets nest....I guess we all have to be gender neutral , so everyone please leave your old habits NOB😠😓😓

I suspect that the shortage of "gender neutrality" around here stems from the fact that a large proportion of our population is in the 'third age' with old habits of thinking that die hard.  Maybe we should be easier on them: they can't help it.🖖

I'm just looking for a balance; I'm not looking for a discussion on gender bias or political correctness and this was not a troll post.

I would like to do this the way I feel will work best. On certain points, I believe men/women may have different points of view, and these are what make these kind of discussions both interesting and informative.

My concern is that I have yet to have one volunteer, or even a woman/lady/females show any interest. I would love to see some PMs from those women/ladies/females interested. I guess I could do it myself, but that isn't my preference.

BTW, of not is how many women/ladies/females host or co-host TV shows. There must be a reason for that.

6 minutes ago, gringal said:

Seen any real ugly or elderly ones on those TV shows??😉  Sorry, couldn't resist !!

LOL. Ya gotta admit, gringal, that you would be hard pressed to get an opinion worth listening to from "those tv show hosts" on Senior Sex, Use it or Lose It. How the hell would "they" know?

17 minutes ago, Ferret said:

LOL. Ya gotta admit, gringal, that you would be hard pressed to get an opinion worth listening to from "those tv show hosts" on Senior Sex, Use it or Lose It. How the hell would "they" know?

It just might be a little difficult to get any local senior ladies/women/etc., to talk on that subject, either!😎

1 minute ago, ComputerGuy said:

Hey, Eric may not be the "best" poster, but he's serious about this. He does this kind of thing a lot in other worldly locations, and I for one welcome the chance to have him do something locally.

I agree, and wish him the best in spite of the teasing...no harm was meant.

My off the rail post:

We know that women come from Venus and men from Mars. They have a different logic, they look differently, act (behave) differently, think differently...etc.

The OP has a right idea when he wants a balance of group thinking . ....but why in the world would any "lady" want to be part of any of these (above) discussions is beyond me.  There are so many better quality "things" to do with the precious time, especially at the later stage of one's life.

JMHO 

Hope you'll find what you're looking for OP

All the best.

Also, just so we stay clear, all the conversation was about needing a lady/woman/female co-host to balance the masculinity of the host. No one said anything about no need for a balance of panelists. 

Also, Eric should be grateful for the side talk. It keeps his post up at the top. Without it his OP would have been buried by now. You’re welcome, Eric. 

Well, maybe Eric might get a show of interest to take part in such a project from the ladies/gals/women if Eric told us a liitle about his background and experience in putting together such panels. From what we're told so far I can't see why anyone, male or female, would rush to say, Oh, hey, count me in. Dying to work with you.

Lexy

Some of you have been here long enough to remember hearing about these topical symposiums.  2005-6ish. A panel comprised of a social worker therapist, a medical person nurse, a self-styled philosopher and somebody with an opinion all shared their thoughts on the subject and then opened the meeting to discussion. The one I went to devolved into a "share your feelings" fest. 

If he wants to go a more intellectual direction with an well-vetted selection of tracts to read that could be interesting.

Archived