Chapala.com Webboard

Where Do You Buy Vitamins?

MexicoJimbo

Farmacia Similares has a ton of vitamins and supplements. https://www.farmaciasdesimilares.com/#!/vitaminas-y-suplementos

Unfortunately, their search engine has been down for so long it makes their website almost useless, which is incredibly poor marketing.

(Kay, this is the part where the reactionists start bashing me because everyone knows generic drugs are low-end, bad, dangerous ripoffs. Instead, could you please tell that to the millions of people in Mexico that support the thousands of Farmacia Similares across the country.)

19 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Farmacia Similares has a ton of vitamins and supplements. https://www.farmaciasdesimilares.com/#!/vitaminas-y-suplementos

Unfortunately, their search engine has been down for so long it makes their website almost useless, which is incredibly poor marketing.

I'm with you, CG.  Victor González Torres, the founder of Farmacias de Similares, provides a service in Mexico that literally saves lives and treats people fairly.  I can't remember the last time I bought medicine elsewhere.  I'm particularly delighted with "Buen Lunes", when all of their products are priced at a 25% discount. 

I also agree with you about the search engine.  Just yesterday I wanted to look for something on the website and couldn't believe it is STILL not working.  Grrrr. 

I second Prasad, next to Telmex in Ajijic. It is in the first little strip of stores on your right when you turn onto the service road at Revoloution and head toward the Telmex. Great people with a pretty good selection (lots of Puritans Pride brands) and even some unexpected items like refrigerated Royal Jelly (a fairly rare bee secretion supposedly reserved for the Queen Bee that allegedly has a myriad of health benefits) such as preventing certain types of cancer, lower blood pressure, treat sexual infertility, lower cholesterol levels, protect the liver, reduce inflammation, heal digestive disorders, prevent premature aging, help in weight loss, and increase circulation.

Ironic question, for sure, but of course it has nothing to do with their own very strong defenses. Nothing can stand in the way of humankind's chemical warfare. Not to mention that bees suffer none of the listed afflictions. Weight loss help for bees? Lol.

Vitamins are considered medicine in Mexico rather than supplements as in the US.  Sometimes they take them at the border but this seems to be less and less. Have a perscription from your doctor up north if you are bringing down vitamins as it might stop them from being taken.  Big difference between vitamins and it can be difficult to get certain types of vitamins.  Sure you can get all the all in one type chemical based  pills you want but it you want more natural vitamins rather than chemical based ones it takes some shopping and research.  Do your homework if you care about such things. 

• 5 months later...
On 9/8/2018 at 8:24 AM, Aquaponicsman said:

I second Prasad, next to Telmex in Ajijic. It is in the first little strip of stores on your right when you turn onto the service road at Revoloution and head toward the Telmex. Great people with a pretty good selection (lots of Puritans Pride brands) and even some unexpected items like refrigerated Royal Jelly (a fairly rare bee secretion supposedly reserved for the Queen Bee that allegedly has a myriad of health benefits) such as preventing certain types of cancer, lower blood pressure, treat sexual infertility, lower cholesterol levels, protect the liver, reduce inflammation, heal digestive disorders, prevent premature aging, help in weight loss, and increase circulation.

Do you have their phone #?

On 9/6/2018 at 11:31 PM, MexicoJimbo said:

I need your help.

Where can I buy vitamins here in the Lake Chapala area?

Thanks in advance for your help.

It depends on what kind of vitamins you are looking for.  Is it a One A Day type or is it for a medical reason?

Just make sure you read the label on the back to determine what the amounts of those vitamins are. You pretty much need to bring a magnifying glass to do this, the printing is so tiny. I've found that there are much smaller quantities of vitamins in the Mexican ones. For instance, a high potency B complex in Canada or the US will have at least 50 mg of each B vitamin, I looked on the back of a Mexican brand which claimed to be high Bs and it had 3 mg.

Archived